ICEF Academic Newsletter
September 27, 2015
Welcome to Week 7!
Academic Team Calendar
September 30 - CELDT TESTING DEADLINE
October 1 - Instructional Specialists' Meeting, 9:00AM-12:00PM
October 3 - ICEF Arts Fest, 11:00AM-2:00PM, View Park HS
October 8 - Directors' Training via WebEx, 9-9:45AM
Instructional Focus - Academic Discourse, 3.3B
- How often are students utilizing academic language?
- Who is using the academic language the most?
- Are students given opportunities to collaborate, interpret or produce language?
News, Helpful Hints, and Reminders
From the Academic Team -
- Please remember to check and respond to emails on a regular basis. (This includes responding to calendar invites!) Responsiveness to inquiries demonstrates our ICEF Core Value of Communication and is part of the Survey on the Performance Evaluation Scorecard.
- This is a busy week for compliance! VPPHS is participating in a Federal Program Monitoring Review starting Monday, and on Wednesday, LDPES is undergoing their LAUSD Oversight Visit. Let's send them our positive vibes - One Team, One Dream! One school's performance affects us all...
- Speaking of compliance, Marie will be spending much of the next week and a half writing (and re-writing) the LDPMS charter, which will be submitted for renewal on October 13.
- Directors - please remember to complete the Google Doc of your Leadership Commitments, especially in regards to 2.2A. Ryan will be alluding to them in his check-ins.
- Because of last Friday's Standards-Based Grading Meeting, this week's Instructional Specialists' Meeting will be from 9:00AM-12:00PM. Please arrive by 8:45AM as we are starting promptly at 9:00AM.
- Please make sure that all CELDT testing is completed this week. No exceptions.
From the Arts:
- ICEF Arts Fest is upon us! Please join us as we revitalize Arts within ICEF! We have so many talented performers - and what a great opportunity to recruit and retain students, staff, and teachers!
- Enrollment is important! Please read Enrique's emails carefully...please also remember that ACCURATE ATTENDANCE reporting is critical!
From Our Development and Communications Team:
Please remember to keep the Development and Communications team in the loop of any special events!
Celebrations and Worth Noticing! (Hurray for Instructional Leadership!)
- On Monday, September 21, IIMCA received a special visit from Los Angeles Laker, Jordan Clarkson! Special thanks to Patricia Jackson for helping to set up!
- View Park HS is in the news! Cheers to VPPHS for being listed as one of the 8 Top High Schools for African-American students. Check out the news here: http://ontheblacklist.net/2015/09/8-excellent-high-schools-for-african-americans/
- Thank you to ICEF Innovation, Lou Dantzler Prep ES, and Lou Dantzler Prep MS for conducting sessions on rolling out the new ELD Standards and focusing on Language Objectives in lesson planning and instruction. We know all our students will benefit!
"Alone we can do so little. Together we can do so much." -Helen Keller