Lipids and Fats
Josh Kirsh 1A
What are they?
- Lipids or fats the third main class of macronutrients needed in human nutrition.
- Primarily a form of energy reserves and insulation in the body, fats can be burned to make energy when we need energy and are not getting enough from our diet.
What happens without them?
- Without them our bodies couldn't function.
- Lipids and fats are the main fuel of our bodies
- They are actually good for you. Eating too much is bad.
- You use the lipids and fats from food every day.
- Steroids are a type of lipid.