We Are Together Tamanend!
October 28, 2013
Caine's Arcade in TMS Technology Education Classes
During our Celebrate Education Week, Mrs. Brumbaugh's Technology & Engineering students invited TMS staff, parents, and 7th graders to play at the TMS Arcade. Inspired by a 9-year old boy named Caine who created arcade games out of cardboard, our Technology and Engineering students used their creativity and recycled materials to create innovative arcade games. Pictured above are Remy K. and Vita S. with their game, "Shooting Stars." Students had as much fun creating their games as the rest of us had playing them! To learn more about Caine and his original cardboard arcade, click here.
Creating Caine's Arcade at TMS
Playing Caine's Arcade at TMS
1st Marking Period Ends Wednesday, November 6th
Red Ribbon Door Hall of Fame 2013
Help Tamanend While You Shop or Recycle
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop and recycle:
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Note, each year you need to reselect Tamanend so that your shopping benefites TMS.
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Notes from Previous Tamanend Connections:
- We frequently conduct safety drills here at Tamanend Middle School to ensure that our students are prepared for various types of emergencies. It is important that your student dresses appropriately for weather, including shoe choices.
- Because the Parent Portal allows parents/guardians to check student progress on a regular basis, we will no longer print and send home interim progress reports. We encourage all parents/guardians to log in and check the Parent Portal on a weekly basis. Parents have access to current grades, assignments, attendance, and more.
- Students may not arrive to school in the morning until 7:10 AM. That is when staff members are available to supervise students.
- Parent Volunteers Needed! Please sign up using our online form. Code word = tms.
- Click here to learn about CBSD efforts against bullying and for resources helpful to parents on this important subject and more.
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- To attend CB South Titan Football games, 9th graders need to show ID at the ticket window, and 7th & 8th graders must be accompanied by a parent.
To receive text alerts from CBSD, click here.