Town of Sunnyvale - March 12, 2021
Harris Addition Construction - Phase I
Construction for Phase I of the Harris Addition Sewer and Rehabilitation Project is scheduled to begin at the beginning of April.
Phase I will affect residents who reside east of Manor Way. Door hangers containing additional information will be placed in the coming weeks on the doors of those residents who shall be affected by the construction.
In the event of inclement weather, a rain-out day for the Trash-Off is scheduled for April 10.
Tips to reduce chlorine odor/taste in water
The North Texas Municipal Water District is currently performing their annual temporary change in disinfectant. This process includes suspending the typical use of ammonia to allow the remaining chlorine to keep the water disinfected as it travels through the system.
While the levels of chlorine in the water during the temporary change are consistent with the levels found in the water throughout the year, the temporary suspension of the ammonia can make the chlorine more noticeable.
Here are simple steps to help minimize taste, odor, and skin sensitivities:
- Allow the tap to run for a few minutes before using it.
- Refrigerate water in an open pitcher and let it set for several hours.
- Add a slice of citrus or cucumber and let it sit for several hours.
- Consider installing filters on kitchen faucets.
Bath or shower water:
- Add a crushed 1000mg Vitamin C tablet to bath water.
- Consider installing filters on bathroom faucets or shower heads.
Click here to register for more information from the Town of Sunnyvale.