Parent Blast - September 20, 2021
Now that we are back in the building, we want to share the hard work, fun and exciting things happening in our school each day. If you are on social media you can follow us:
- Facebook: Patterson Elementary School, https://www.facebook.com/PattersonHSD
- Twitter: @PattersonHSD
- Instagram: hsdpatterson
If you are not on social media, you can view these embedded posts on our school website, near the bottom of our home page: https://www.hsd.k12.or.us/patterson
You can also stay up to date on school flyers by checking our Parent Google Folder here.
This Thursday we will have our first Principal Chat via Google Meet (link below). We will be focusing on beginning of the year systems and will dedicate most of our time to Q & A. All parents are welcome, please reach out if you will want/need translation.
Huge thank you to our families for calling students in sick on our attendance line and sharing symptoms. This has helped us to communicate with families regarding timelines for return and kept our building safe and healthy. If you have not done so already, we encourage you to save our attendance line number in your phone: 503.844.1385
Masks & Mask Washing
This week we implemented masks at recess when students aren't able to distance, such as out in the field, and our students and staff did a great job! Thank you for working with us through these ever-changing guidelines and for your continued support. We did want to send a friendly reminder to check your child/children's masks and to make sure they get washed regularly. If this is not possible, we have plenty on-hand at school. Our team has packages at our entrances and will happily get you a mask for the day or a small set of masks for the week.
Here to serve,
Principal, Patterson Elementary
Positive Phone Call Friday!
- September 20th - Start of Champions Program DELAYED (see letter from Champions)
- September 23rd - Principal Chat via Google Meet, 7:00 - 7:30 pm
- October 5th - Vision Screening
- October 22nd - Picture Day
First Principal Chat
Google Meet joining info
Or dial: +1 505-445-7203 PIN: 555 448 089#
Booster Club News
Century Health Clinic
REVIEW: School Improvement Plan (SIP)
Here are some ways you can support your child at home:
Goal 1: Language & Speaking
- Ask your child what they learned at school and what activities they completed
- Use open-ended questions (What was your favorite part? What was a hard part? Tell me more).
- Avoid yes/no questions to encourage more language use.
- Celebrate the use of new vocabulary words
Goal 2: Writing
- Provide your child with opportunities to write (letter to grandparents or friends, shopping list, notes back and forth between family members, journals)
- For younger children, encourage pictures and letters or pictures and words; avoid spelling for your child and instead sound out words asking them to write the letters for the sounds they hear.
Goal 3: Culturally Responsive Education
- Talk with your child about your family culture - what is important to you?
- Encourage your child to share their language, family recipes/foods and family history
- M - make eye contact and/or give your full attention
- A - accept failure and learn from your mistakes
- G - get up and go for it
- I - there is no "i" in team, work together
- C - celebrate and empower others
You may see a "wild card" ticket come home with your child. These tickets are given out each time your child shows one of the above skills. They can enter these into monthly drawings for prizes (so please send them back to school).
Due to frequent changes in supply, our menu is subject to change. You can view the weekly planned menu here: https://family.titank12.com/menu/ERRCAH?lang=English