Litchfield Public Schools
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR STUDENTS GRADE 6-12
END OF YEAR MACBOOK CHECK-IN
Turn in dates!
MacBook must be signed out!!
- Student must log out of iCloud under System Preferences, iCloud
- Student must deauthorize iTunes if you are logged in under iTunes, Account menu, Authorizations, Deauthorize this device.
Complete the steps below before you come to the media center to turn in your device
- All personal items must be removed from the sleeve & pouch such as name tag, pencils etc. Personal covers, skins etc. must also be removed from the MacBook.
- Leave the Litchfield Public School Asset tag on the device (T9xxxx).
- If you have access to iCloud you must log out of iCloud under System Preferences, iCloud
Devices will be inspected, cleaned, erased, and inventoried during your collection time. Fines, if warranted, will be billed to your Campus Portal account.
For more information see the newsletter below. For information on the new devices for next year, click here: https://www.smore.com/j70m2
Steps that will occur on turn in day:
- Device pre-inspection (has case been removed etc), Carrying Case/Sleeve and pouch inspection (all personal items removed)
- Laptop will be erased (you should have previously removed/saved personal data)
- Sleeve and cords will be collected from you (placed in box)
- Device will be scanned (to check-in) and collected from you
- Device will receive final inspection from IT
- Charges, if any, will show up in Campus Portal
Save you data!!
Please read through instructions on “Saving Files From Your MacBook” to keep your files safe. Your Google accounts will NOT be reset (unless you are a Senior), so you don’t have to worry about that.
Seniors, we do delete your Google @isd465.org account. Please read through instructions labelled for seniors “Saving Files From Your MacBook” .
Asset Tags (T9xxxx) must remain on the device.
MacBook cases, skins and stickers must be removed by you.
Items below need to be returned:
Brenthaven Laptop Sleeve & Pouch
Remove: items from the pouch, name tag, etc.
Return strap if you have one
13" MacBook Air
Remove: cases, skins, name tags, etc.
Leave: asset tag T9xxxx sticker should stay on the device
Devices will be inspected!
Devices will be sold!
This summer your MacBooks will be erased and sold to a company. The devices are being sold as a large quantity bid and cannot be purchased individually. We hope to get top dollar for your device and will provide a new MacBook next year.