MacArthur 4K News
May 9th, 2016
This Week in 4K:
- We have been busy observing our carrot, spinach and bean seeds this past week. We made a drawing on Thursday of what our plants looked like and will do another drawing on this Monday and again on Thursday. We will continue to discuss the changes we observe. Please ask your child about what the plants look like and how big they are. The spinach plants were about 2 1/2 inches on Thursday and the carrots were 1 inch.
- We will be an Eric Carle study this week and will some projects around his books.
- We will be learning another new app the library with Miss Jenny.
- We will be doing some adding and subtracting as whole group.
- I will be doing PALS testing again this week with the students. I will send home the results in a few weeks.
Monday, May 30th - No School - Memorial Day
Thursday, June 2nd - 4K Picnic at the Park from 11:45 -12:45 for both AM and PM Classes. More information to follow. It is also an Early Dismissal (12:45) for Elementary K-5 only; The afternoon 4K class is in session that day. After the picnic, you are free to take your 4K child home (afternoon class) if you wish, or they can stay until 3:30 dismissal. Morning students need to have a parent at the picnic, otherwise they will be sent home on the bus at the end of the morning session and will not attend the picnic.
Tuesday, June 7th - Last day for 4K
Wednesday, June 8th - Last day for Elementary K-5 (12:45 Dismissal)
Birthdays - May/June
You are welcome to send a treat or healthy snack with your child on their birthday. We have 20 students in the morning and 17 in the afternoon.
Grayson (AM Class) - May 12th
Liam E. (AM Class) - May 24th
Vivienne (AM Class) - May 29th
Harrison (PM Class) - June 17th, celebrating May 17th
William (PM Class) - June 18th, celebrating May 18th
Grant (AM Class) - June 20th, celebrating May 19th