Fall Back Into Your Routine
Tales2Go Newsletter September 2014
There's Always Time for Audio Books!
- E-mail us to setup a Professional Development for you and your staff to understand the research behind listening and how audio books will help close the word gap.
- Make sure teachers and students have sufficient devices and earphones to make the most out of your Tales2Go subscription.
- Allow students to browse the Tales2Go App so they are familiar with it when the time comes for small group or independent listening.
- Come up with a reading rotation that works for you and your classroom.
- Check out our learning resources at www.tales2go.com/learning-resources
- Get some great ideas at www.pinterest.com/tales2go
- And download more activities at www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Tales2Go
Our blog is constantly updated with ideas, activities, research and free downloads, check it out!
Other Tales2Go News
- Congratulations to one of our users, Ashley Alicea at W. J. Gurganus Elementary School in Havelock, North Carolina for receiving a grant from the Dollar General Literacy Foundation! Find the article about her Tales2Go classroom use here!
- You can download an Excel spreadsheet of all of our titles sorted by grade level here.
- The American Honda Foundation has a grant teachers can apply for- deadline is November 1
New Titles Added
Firebike by Bill Lepp
Wally! Come Down Right Now! by Bill Lepp
Arlo Barlow by Bill Lepp
The Crossing of Paths: The Story of Daedalus, Icarus, and the Battle of the Minotaur by Simon Brooks
What Do You Do With a Tail Like This? by Robin Page
Giraffes Can’t Dance by Giles Andreae
How do Dinosaurs Eat their Food? by Jane Yolen (available in Spanish, also)
Duck on a Bike by David Shannon
Animal Eyes by Mary Holland (available in Spanish, also)
Animal Helpers: Raptor Centers by Jennifer Keats Curtis (available in Spanish, also)
Animal Partners by Scotti Cohn (available in Spanish, also)
Clouds: A Compare and Contrast Book by Katharine Hall (available in Spanish, also)
Dino Treasures by Rhonda Lucas Donald (available in Spanish, also)
The Ghost of Donley Farm by Jaime Gardner Johnson (available in Spanish, also)
Little Gray's Great Migration by Marta Lindsey (available in Spanish, also)
Trees: A Compare and Contrast Book by Katharine Hall (available in Spanish, also)
The Glory Field by Walter Dean Myers
The Good Earth by Pearl Buck
Half a Chance by Cynthia Lord
Horrible Harry and the Missing Diamond by Suzy Kline
Horrible Harry and the Scarlet Scissors by Suzy Kline
The Light in the Forest by Conrad Richter
Master and Commander by Patrick O’Brian
Miss Holly is too Jolly by Dan Gutman
A Morbid Taste for Bones by Ellis Peters
Mr. Macky is Wacky by Dan Gutman
Night: A New Translation by Marion Wiesel
The Perfect Storm: A True Story of Men Against the Sea by Sebastian Junger
Planet Kindergarten by Sue Ganz-Schmitt
Somewhere in the Darkness by Walter Dean Myers
Stubby the War Dog: The True Story of WWI’s Bravest Dog by Ann Bausum
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
Words with Wings by Nikki Grimes
Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
National Geographic Kids: Dog Finds Lost Dolphins (Amazing Animal Heroes) by Elizabeth Carney
National Geographic Kids: Casey - Monkey Miracle Worker (Amazing Animal Heroes) by Elizabeth Carney
National Geographic Kids: Rats - Heroes in Small Packages (Amazing Animal Heroes) by Elizabeth Carney