The Cure Panel Talk Show on Myeloma
with Dr. Shaji K. Kumar from Mayo Clinic
The Cure Panel Talk Show on 25 July, 2013 @ 7pm ET
The Cure Panel Talk Show is excited to host myeloma expert Dr. Shaji K. Kumare of Mayo Clinic, Rochester on Thursday, 25 July @ 7pm ET.
Dr. Shaji K Kumar is Associate Professor of Medicine at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and a consultant, Mayo Clinic Division of Hematology.
Dr. Kumar is board certified in medical oncology and hematology. He is a member of the American Society of Hematology, American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Association of Clinical Research, American Society of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, American Medical Association, Association of Physicians of India, and the European Hematology Association. His laboratory focuses on development of novel drugs for treatment of myeloma and he has been published in numerous peer-reviewed journals including British Journal of Haematology, Blood, American Journal of Hematology, and Bone Marrow Transplant on this topic.
Only 50 slots available! HURRY! Register NOW!! to participate in the show and ask the panel a myeloma question live on-air!!
Topic: MYELOMA ASCO UPDATES
Myeloma Beacon columnist and blogger, Pat was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in April 2007 at age 51. Pat who was in remission has recently learned that his myeloma is back. Pat is an author of three myeloma books and the fourth one is expected to hit the stands by the end of the year. Pat’s books include, Living with Multiple Myeloma, Stem Cell Transplants-A Patient’s Perspective, and New Multiple Myeloma Therapies. He maintains two blogs, Living with Multiple Myeloma and Help with Cancer.
Nick Van Dyk
Nicolas van Dyk (Nick) is a senior executive with a major media company, and in his spare time, he is the guitarist / songwriter for the rock band Redemption. He is in three years of complete remission following aggressive chemotherapy including tandem transplants and firmly believes myeloma can be cured in a majority of newly diagnosed cases through aggressive treatment. Nick chronicles his myeloma journey in his personal blog, www.nvdmyeloma.blogspot.com
Myeloma Cure Panel Talk Show @ 7 pm ET
Thursday, July 25th 2013 at 7pm
This is an online event.
The Cure Panel Talk Show Format
- 7.00 pm - Conference call starts.
- 7.00 pm - Moderator welcomes and introduces co-host, and panelists.
- 7.01 pm - Co-host introduces the expert and panelists.
- 7.03 pm - Experts speak on the topic.
- 7.13 pm - Panelists begin discussion.
- 7.45 pm - Discussion is opened up for listeners.
- 7:59 pm - Moderator thanks co-host, panelists, and participants.
- 8.00 pm - Call comes to an end.
LISTEN to MYELOMA CURE PANEL TALK SHOW BROADCASTS HERE
- AUGUST MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Dr. Ravi Vij on Latest Myeloma Treatments
- SEPTEMBER MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Dr. Parameswaran Hari and Gary PetersenonMyeloma Disease Progression and Treatment
- OCTOBER MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Pat Killingsworth on Myeloma Cure vs Control
- NOVEMBER MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Dr. James R. Berenson on Myeloma Treatment without Transplant
- JANUARY MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Dr. Shaji K. Kumar and Dr. Edward A. Faber onNew Promising Treatments for Myeloma
- FEBRUARY MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Pat Killingsworth, Gary Petersen, Nick Van Dyk, and Sandy Hirsch - An online support group discussion.
- MARCH MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Matt Goldman, Anya Prince, Amy Garofalo and Pat Killingsworth - Working While Living with Myeloma.
- APRIL MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Dr. Robert Orlowski on Exciting New Drugs and Combinations for Myeloma.
- JUNE MYELOMA CURE PANEL with Don Baylor and Dr. James Berenson on Stress and Impact of Stress while Living with Myeloma.
About Cure Panel Talk Show
Cure Panel is organized by CureTalk, a blog dedicated to discussing the future of medicine and the latest treatments under development. Cure Panel Talk Show is a series of monthly conference calls that will feature leading medical experts in conversation with patients/bloggers/researchers/health consumers. The panel will discuss latest cures under development of a given condition like Myeloma, Prostate Cancer.
CureTalk is a blog of TrialX.com, an online platform to connect patients to clinical trials of new treatments.
Find Myeloma Trials at http://myelomatrials.org
Ask Dory for Clinical trials for all conditions at http://trialx.com/ask