REES STAR NEWS
08/27/2019 | Principal: Mr. Baez | Asst. Principal: Ms. Wong
WHAT'S HAPPENING AT YOUR CHILD'S SCHOOL?
- Do you want to know what's happening at Rees Elementary today?
- Do you want to help us celebrate the great work our students are doing?
- Do you want to learn about resources that are available to help you with parenting?
If your answer is "YES", then open a Twitter account so you can follow @ReesStars or your child's classroom Twitter account for instant updates. Stop by the school for a tutorial.
SCHOOL ID CARDS
Students are provided with a Rees School ID at the beginning of the school year. Everyone including staff is required to wear their ID throughout the school day. Lost or damaged IDs must be immediately replaced. Teachers will notify parents if their child has lost their ID so that the $3.00 replacement fee is paid and a new ID is issued. Student IDs are also used to identify a child's lunch number and allow them to move faster through the lunch line.
EARBUDS AND HEADPHONES
All students are required to provide their own headphones or earbuds. These will be stored in a Zip-Loc bag on which the student's name will be written. The headphones will be used in the classrooms. Personal headphones will help to ensure each student's personal health.
Headphones or earbuds may be purchased at local retail, discount, or dollar stores. Any style will work as long as they have the 3.5mm (small) plug that will connect to a standard computer headphone jack. Intermediate grades may wish to consider headsets with a built-in mic, but this is not a requirement.
BUS SMART TAGS
- Students enrolled for transportation services were provided a SMART tag ID.
- A SMART tag ID badge is required each time the student enters and exits the bus.
- Teachers will notify parents if their child has lost their SMART tag so that the $3.00 replacement fee is paid and a new ID is issued.
Sept. 02 - Labor Day/Student & Staff Holiday
Sept. 12 - Family Library Night/5:00-7:00 PM
Sept. 13 - Family Center Grand Opening/9:00-11:00 AM
Sept. 17 - Fall Fundraiser Begins
Sept. 19 - Parent Night/6:00-7:45 PM
Sept. 24 - SDC Committee Meeting/3:45 PM
Sept. 26 - Boy Scout Rally Night/6:00-7:00 PM
Sept. 27 - Leadership Cafe Lunch w/Principal
Oct. 01 - Fall Fundraiser Ends
Oct. 10 - Family Library Night/5:00-7:00 PM
Oct. 14 - Columbus Day/Student & Staff Holiday
Oct. 17 - Report Cards Go Home
PARENT LUNCH DAY EXPECTATIONS
- Arrive 5 minutes before your child's lunch time .
- Please keep group sizes to no more than 3 visitors at a time due to limited space.
- Parents may only invite their child to the parent lunch table after handing the classroom teacher the orange card.
- Parents may not use cell phones during parent lunch days.
- Parents must monitor and supervise their children at all times.
- Students having lunch with their parents must remain seated with their parent.
- Students must be ready to line up with their class when it is time to leave.
- Leave the cafeteria after your child's lunch so that other parents have a turn to sit.
WEDNESDAYS: Grade 1 (Starts on Sept. 25)
THURSDAYS: Grade K (Starts on Sept. 26)
FRIDAYS: Grades 2, 3, 4 (Starts on Sept. 27)
* Fast food lunches should not be brought to the school for students except on the designated parent lunch day.
* Parent must present a valid ID and be listed on the registration card.
A. Orta - 11:05-11:35 AM
E. Martinez/C. Workman - 11:05-11:35 AM
A. Ortiz/B. Langin - 11:10-11:40 AM
A. Martinez/M. Hurtado - 11:45-12:15 PM
S. Peatross/N. Zian - 11:50-12:20 PM
V. Deadessis/G. Vasquez - 11:55-12:25 PM
R. Poe/P. Castillo - 11:30-12:00 PM
J. Benavidez/M. Ochoa - 11:35-12:05 PM
C. Sanders/C. Hall - 11:40-12:10 PM
J. Guerrero/K. Guzman - 12:00-12:30 PM
D. Flores/B. Castaneda - 12:05-12:35 PM
B. Smith/M. Virani -12:10-12:40 PM
D. Scott/G. Carbajal - 11:15-11:45 AM
S. Hajek/L. Sutar - 11:20-11:50 AM
N. Bouchelkia/R. Stevens - 11:25-11:55 AM