Your home for MHS news & events. Volume 15
This is the week that we all have been waiting for... Semester Exam Week! Your countdown can officially begin on Monday. I would like to thank each of you for your hard work this semester. I know this has been a semester of new and different, and I appreciate your patience with me while I learn the ropes.
A couple of housekeeping items related to exams: students may not take exams early. During exam week it is important to keep students in class even if they finish early. No passes to the library, please.
We need all hands on deck with dismissal starting on Wednesday. Help us clear the hall and have students out of the building by 11:40 a.m.
If you have a student group that meets after school for practice, students will either need to be under your direct supervision or will wait outside.
Thank you to all of you who helped with EOC testing last week; we will be refining some of our procedural items related to testing before the spring administration.
No tutoring bus this week.
Please take the Christmas Break to relax and recharge your batteries. The next newsletter will go out on Sunday, January 3rd.
The McKinney High School
Did you know...
Charles Braswell, Class of 1943, ended up on Broadway, in movies and television. He appeared with Lucille Ball in “Wild Cat” the summer he graduated and with Angela Lansbury in “Mame.” He sings the lead in the original cast recording of “Mame.” You can listen to the recording at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4CXLb7jNyE. He died of melanoma at age 49 in New York in 1974. The long-running show will celebrate its 50th anniversary in May.
- 12/15 Girls Basketball vs. Wylie @ 7:30 (Home)
- 12/15 ILT Meeting in F101 @ 7:40
- 12/15 FMS 8th Grade tour of CTE programs @ 9:30
- 12/16 SJMS 8th Grade tour of CTE programs @ 9:30
- 12/17 DMS 8th Grade tour of CTE programs @ 9:30
- 12/17 PTO Teacher Christmas Luncheon
- 12/17 Wrestling vs. Wylie @ 5:00 (Home)
- 12/18 Girls Basketball vs. Denison @ 6:15 (Away)
- 12/19 Boys Basketball vs. Naaman Forest @ 1:00 (Away)
- 12/19 Wrestling TCHS Tournament Timber Creek HS @ 9:30 (Away)
- 12/22 Girls Basketball vs. Sherman @ 12:30 (Home)
- 12/22 Boys Basketball vs. Sherman @ 2:00 (Home)
- 12/28 Girls Basketball vs. Krum Prosper HS @ 12:00 (Away)
- 12/28 Boys Basketball vs. Lake Highlands Allen HS @ 1:00 (Away)
- 12/29-12/30 Boys Basketball Tournament Allen HS @ TBA (Away)
- 1/2 Wrestling at Plano East HS @ 9:00 (Away)
- 1/2 Boys Soccer vs. Frisco HS @ 9:00 (Away)
- 1/4 Staff Development
- 1/5 Re-imaging Sophomore Laptops (information to come for those impacted)
Nuts & Bolts Reminders...
Quarter 2 Grades:
Grades need to be submitted by 3:00 p.m. on December 18th, including any grades of incomplete.
Any Quarter 1 grades of incomplete must be cleared by Monday, December 15th.
Fall Semester Exam Schedule.
Feel free to wear jeans with a spirit shirt or Christmas shirt beginning on Tuesday.
- First Period 7:30-9:25
- Second Period 7:30-9:25
- Third Period 9:30-11:30
- Fourth Period 7:30-9:25
- Fifth Period 9:30-11:30
- Sixth Period 7:30-9:25
- Seventh Period 9:30-11:30
Don't forget to unplug any of your "stuff" not related to teaching; Christmas lights, scentsy pots, etc.
Harmony Annual Hallway Caroling
Upstairs E Hall 9:20 to 9:28
Downstairs E Hall 9:29 to 9:37
Downstairs D Hall 9:38 to 9:46
Upstairs D Hall 9:47 to 9:55
Upstairs C Hall 9:55 to 10:05
Downstairs C Hall 10:06 to 10:15
Downstairs B Hall 10:20 to 10:28
Upstairs B Hall 10:29 to 10:37
Upstairs A Hall 10:38 to 10:46
Upstairs F Hall 10:46 to 10:57
Downstairs F Hall and offices 10:58 to 11:07
Front office: 11:08 to 11:15
Theatre Hall/Orchestra if possible…..
First and Family Meeting
Almanza, Marco 108004
Banchi, Diana 111243
Bilotta, Taylor 221829
Bravo, Alex 206743
Castillo, Alexis 201349
Castillo, Isaac 109861
Del Bosque, Melody 227796
Diaz, Esmirna 109995
Duque, Maria 113932
Espinoza, Jeronimo 110521
Estrada, Laura 128273
Galdean, Evelyn 115803
Garcia, Luis 109833
Garcia, Luis 109616
Garcia, Tanhya 105956
Guzman, Alexandra 109958
Khatoon, Fahmida 224057
Mata, Monica 117360
Medina, Aranzasu 218859
Perez, Aracely 126956
Rodriguez, Ashley 122399
Rosales, Edgar 109955
Salinas, Chelsea 109962
Sandoval, Jose 227674
Santana, Abigail 109988
Torres, Ruth 110009
Zahan, Nusrat 221579
Big Congrats for...
Ms. Kina Vinson is the KLAK Teacher of the Month for December! Congrats Ms. Vinson on a job well done.
So sad to announce
Thought of the week
Don't call on others to improve your school. Accept responsibility for doing it yourself.
You don't have to wait for Central Office or even your administrators to improve your school. I sincerely believe the power to improve MHS begins and ends with the teachers in this building. Can I get an amen?!