PLANO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
PSHS eNews: Where the Wildcat Nation Gets Its Information
Monday, May 16, 2016
* * PSHS PTSA (PARENT, TEACHER, STUDENT ASSOCIATION) * *
- The PTSA meeting/program this Thursday, 5/19, is an annual favorite for PSHS parents! There will be several $500 scholarship drawings for seniors who have been members for both years. Immediately following the 6:00 meeting in the cafeteria, stay for the popular Parent-to-Parent program at 6:30. A panel of parents of past PSHS students will share tips and answer questions. They have students who attend public and private colleges of various campus sizes, trade schools, community colleges, academic and sports scholarships, and more. You may also pick up your Unofficial Guide to PSHS at the meeting. See you there!
- The PTSA would like to thank our Senior Celebration Lunch sponsors and door prize donors. Their commitment to the PSHS community is greatly appreciated! Thanks also to our fabulous PTSA volunteers for donating their time to help with activities like ticket sales and setup and serving, as well as all of the delicious desserts!
- Volunteers are needed to read final exams to students from 5/31-6/3. Please follow this link and select the shift(s). Your help will be appreciated by students and teachers. Thank you! https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/Open_Forms
- The school food pantry for in-need PSHS students is running low on canned ravioli, canned vegetables (all types), and breakfast items (like just-add-water pancake mixes, small bottles of syrup, cereal, and Pop Tarts). Donations to Plano’s Closet may be dropped off in the main office.
- The PSHS PTSA (Parent Teacher Student Association) invites you to get a jumpstart on becoming a PTSA member now for the 2016-2017 school year. Students who are members for both years are eligible to win PTSA scholarship drawings their senior year. ($10,000 scholarships in 2015-2016) It costs just $10 for a student and $15 for a parent. See more benefits and sign up at this link today. https://planoptsa.membershiptoolkit.com/membership
- Many thanks to these PTSA Community Partners for their generous donations that helped PSHS throughout the school year! Stop by or contact them for more information about how their business can help you.
Wildcat Sponsor ($2000)
Traditions Sponsor ($1000)
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL SENIOR REUNIONS
Graduating Seniors...you are invited to come reminisce with friends at your Elementary School Senior Reunion. Click here http://www.pisd.edu/news/archive/2015-16/senior.reunions.shtml for the list of schools and their respective details.
* * * * * * * * * * * * BOOSTER ANNOUNCEMENTS * * * * * * * * * * * *
The Blood Drive is Back!
This is the largest Blood Drive in the nation. During the week of 16 May, students will have the opportunity to sign-up to make a priority appointment and will be given passes to return to class after their donation on Friday. 16 year olds MUST have a parent accompany them to the Blood Drive to authorize a donation. 17 year olds will need to provide written permission to donate. All students will need a picture ID (Student ID/passport/driver’s license) in order to donate.
Update from Plano Baseball Booster Club
Mark your calendars for these upcoming events:
- Post Season Banquet – Monday, May 16 at 7:00 pm at Cross Creek Ranch
For more information about Plano Wildcats Baseball
PSHS THEATRE FUNDRAISER AT RAISING CANE’S
PLEASE eat at RAISING CANE'S Tuesday, May 17th between the hours of 10am - 11pm on 15th Street in Plano! Mention your support of the PSHS Theatre at the register and 15% of the sales will be donated to the program. Thank you!
PLANOETTE FUNDRAISER AT KENDRA SCOTT
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
New online menu service-MealViewer
Food and Nutritional Services is pleased to announce MealViewer, a new on-line communication tool for menus and nutritional information to meet your campus needs. It comes as a web and APP version. Parents can retrieve menus and dietary information anywhere anytime.
Parents can follow the pisd web site links listed below to access the announcement. We have provided instructions on the web site to assist parents on how to retrieve menus/allergen/nutritional information. It is very easy to use.
FROM THE FINANCE OFFICE
IMPORTANT! PSHS policy is that we will no longer accept checks after April 30th for this school year - beginning May 1st, ONLY CASH OR MONEY ORDERS for EXACT $$ will be accepted for all fines and/or missing textbooks and equipment. NOTE: Students not cleared will be on a "not clear" list until everything is turned in and/or paid for. Senior withdrawals will be pulled and seniors not cleared will need to do so before final transcripts are sent and their diplomas will be held until charges are cleared.
FROM THE REGISTRAR
- FINAL CLASS RANK & GPA FOR SENIORS: Available in the Registrar’s Office beginningTODAY, May 5th. You MUST have a picture ID. DO NOT come during class time.
- HONOR GRADUATES: The list of Honor Graduates will be posted on the trophy case windows opposite the Registrar’s Office. To be eligible you must have a cumulative final GPA of 3.6 or above.
- HONOR STOLES: Qualifying seniors may sign for and pick up their Honor Stoles in the Registrar’s Office. Cost is $15 – CASH ONLY. Be sure to bring your ID.
- FINAL TRANSCRIPTS: We will now accept requests for final, graduated transcripts.ALL requests will be held for processing until after Graduation on June 9th. If you want a personal copy of your final transcript, please provide a self-addressed envelope along with your request. *We anticipate all paper/mailed transcripts will be processed by June 24th. Electronic transcripts will be processed as soon as possible after graduation.
- SUMMER HOURS: Summer hours begin the week of June 6th (Closed Thursday, June 9th for Graduation). Hours are Monday – Thursday from 7:30am – 4:30pm.
ATTENTION STUDENTS TAKING AP EXAMS
AP Scores will be available Online in July.
You must have a College Board account to access your scores. Go to https://apscore.collegeboard.org/scores#m=signin-form&scores to create an account or log on to see your scores.
GRADUATION ORDERS PICK-UP
You may still purchase a yearbook…. As of May 2nd, no more checks, CASH ONLY for yearbooks in B208. Credit card and debit cards may be used online @ http://www.jostens.com/yearbooks/high-school-yearbooks.html ...$90 each.
The price increases to $100 after Tuesday, May 17th.
YOU ARE INVITED! PSHS Theatre Booster Club presents Cabaret Night on Wednesday, May 18th at 7pm in the Doyle Dean Performing Arts Center. Cost is $10 for adults and $5 for students and will include coffee & assorted desserts. Enjoy an evening in the style of a Parisian Cabaret with a variety of song styles performed by the PSHS Theatre & Musical Theatre students, with piano accompaniment by Josh Bradford. A MUST SEE!
SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION
SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION-HIGH SCHOOL
On-line registration for High School Summer School started Monday, March 21st. Counselors must pre-approve courses in the registration portal. To register, visit with your counselor about course selections, then login to parent portal and complete the student emergency information from any computer with internet access. Courses pre-approved by the student’s counselor will be viewable and available for selection. Online registration and payment is the most efficient and convenient way to enroll in Summer School courses. Questions regarding registration can be directed to the campus counseling office.
- June 13 - June 30
- 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
- July 5 - July 22
- 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
- July 1, July 4
- Note: On the last day of each session students will be released at 10:00 am.
- Only one absence is permitted per session.
Plano East Senior High School, 3000 Los Rios Blvd, Plano TX 75074
- English, Spanish, Math, Communication Applications and SAT-PSAT Preparation Classes.
Plano West Senior High School, 5601 West Parker Road, Plano, TX 75093
- Social Studies, Science, Physical Education and Health.
For a comprehensive list of High School Summer School course offerings, visit:http://www.pisd.edu/students/summer.school/high.school.shtm
PSHS SWIMMING & DIVING INFORMATIONAL MEETING
If you are at all interested in entering into the world of Texas High School competitive swimming or diving, then please come join us on Wednesday, May 18th at 6pm at the Plano Aquatic Center (2301 Westside Dr.). There will be discussion of team policies, training expectations, and the try out process. There will also be a time for open questions. We look forward to meeting you and answering any questions you may have about what the PSHS swim and dive team is all about. See you soon!
ADVANCED FASHION DESIGN – WORLD WEAR PROJECT: RECYCLING SHOES AND CLOTHING NEVER MADE MORE CENTS!
Be a part of diverting thousands of pounds of shoes and clothing from local landfills by filling our shoe and clothing donation bin with your gently used: shoes, clothes, purses, belts, wallets, hats, caps, backpacks, hard toys, stuffed animals, pots and pans. For every pound donated from you, our fashion students receive $0.15. Our bin is conveniently located in the East parking lot by the gym in handicap parking.
The benefit to you? Neater closets, drawers, toy boxes, and kitchens, and the knowledge that less textile waste will end up in our local landfills. Thank you from Advanced Fashion Design students!
~ ~ ~ PSHS...TRADITION OF EXCELLENCE ~ ~ ~
Plano Senior High School
Plano Senior High School Website:
PSHS PTSA Website: