The Weekly Howl
St. Francis Catholic School - Saturday, January 11th
Dear SFCS Parents & Friends,
The 2nd Quarter will end on Tuesday, January 14th. Report Cards will be emailed home after school on Tuesday, January 21st.
Check out the opportunity below in attending the parent session "Preparing for and Surviving the Adolescent Years" with Dr. Betty Jankoski. More information is below.
Catholic Schools Week is just a few weeks away! If case you are new to SFCS, Catholic Schools Week is when all Catholic Schools in the United States celebrate Catholic school education. Traditionally we kick off Catholic Schools Week with a Sunday Mass. All students and parents attend this mass. Students dress in uniform and meeting in the Family Center to process into the church before mass begins. This year our Catholic Schools Week mass will be at 9:00am on Sunday, January 26th. There will be a reception following the mass and the Book Fair will be open in the Library. The week will conclude with a large assembly on Friday, January 31st at 1:45pm. The assembly will include our annual Square Dance Hoedown Class Competition and Class Cheers for Catholic Schools. The 2nd Quarter awards will also be conducted at that time. There will be a schedule of activities, themed dress up days and collection items for charities communicated next week.
It is the time of the year in which the FSA will be preparing for our annual school fundraiser. This year the FSA is organizing a Golf Tournament at Palmetto Hall Golf Club and a Casino Night with a silent & live auction with music and dancing. The Casino Night will be held in the St. Francis Multipurpose Facility. So mark your calendar for Saturday, March 14th!!! It looks like it is going to be an awesome event! More information about tickets, sponsorships and donations is included below.
Have a great remainder to your weekend!!!
Sincerely in Christ,
Week of 1.12 - 1.18.2020
- Happy Birthday Kathy Masterton!!!
- The Baptism of the Lord
- 4:00 - 5:30pm: 8th Grade Parent/ Confirmandi Meeting (Family Center)
- 4:00pm: Sr. Girls Basketball Game vs. HHP (Home)
- 5:00pm: Sr. Boys Basketball Game vs. HHP (Home)
Tuesday, January 14th
- Last Day of 2nd Quarter
- 3:00pm: Bake Club Group A
- 3:15pm: Sr. Girls Basketball Practice
- 5:00pm: Sr. Boys Basketball Practice
- 6:00 - 7:30pm: Confirmation 2 - Youth Group (Multipurpose Facility)
- 7:45 - 8:05am: Bank in School
- 10:00am: School Mass
- 4:00pm: Jr. Girls Basketball Game vs. SPMS (Home)
- 5:00pm: Jr. Boys Basketball Game vs. SPMS (Home)
- 6:00 - 8:00pm: Youth Group - 6th Grade & Confirmation 1 (Multipurpose Facility)
Thursday, January 16th
- Thankful Thursday - 4th Grade
- 2:15pm: JPII Visit to 8th Grade (Mr. Benning's Classroom)
- 3:00pm: Cheer Practice and Game (Family Center)
- 4:00pm: Sr. Girls Basketball Game vs. JPIICS (Home)
- 5:00pm: Sr. Boys Basketball Game vs. JPIICS (Home)
- St. Anthony
- 1:45pm: Geography Bee
- 3:15pm: Jr. Girls Basketball Practice
- 4:30pm: Jr. Boys Basketball Practice
- 6:00 - 8:30pm: Knights of Columbus Spaghetti Dinner
1/20: School Closed - MLK Day
1/21: 2nd Quarter Report Cards emailed home to parents
1/22: 3:15 - 4:00pm - Faculty Meeting
1/23: 2:00pm - Dr. Jankoski Parent Meeting
1/24: 8:00am - PreK & K Parent Coffee
1/26 - 2/1: Catholic Schools Week (Schedule of activities TBA)
1/31: Re-Registration Begins
The 5th graders started the new year helping the Backpack Buddies volunteers pack 345 bags of nutritious snacks for needy children in the community. Way to go 5th grade!
DOCYBT Participant Packets Were Due Friday
Preparing for and Surviving the Adolescent Years
Please RSVP with Mrs. Lynn Bocian at email@example.com if you plan to attend this opportunity.
Used Computer Equipment for Sale
- Desktops refurbished with Windows 10. Includes power cord, keyboard, mouse and a vga display. Cost $100.00.
- Laptops refurbished with Windows 10. Cost $150.00.
- HP Officejet 8100 Wireless Printers. Includes a new USB cable. $25.00 each
Attention 8th Grade Confirmandi and Parents!!!
It's Book Fair Time!!!
Catholic Schools Week is just around the corner and you know what that means??? Book Fair! While the event is always lots of fun and runs pretty smoothly, I can always use extra help. If you would like to help out, please respond to this email and I will follow up with a detailed schedule so that you can see what works for you. The set up day will be Thursday Jan. 23 and breakdown will be Friday Jan. 31, with some fun events during the week. This year's theme is "Elephants, Tigers and Books, OH MY!".
I love this event and I'm looking forward to a great week! See you in the jungle! Thank you!
It's Gala Preparation Time!!!
Hello Families and Friends of St. Francis Catholic School,
It is that time of year…..GALA Season! Hopefully you have all heard by now that the gala will take place on Saturday, March 14, 2020 in the St. Francis Multipurpose Building. The gala theme this year is Casino Night! We are working with Meeting Dynamics to transform the Multi Purpose Building into a Vegas Casino! In addition to our annual gala we have included a golf tournament at Palmetto Hall. The golf tournament will begin at 1pm with the gala following from 6:30-11pm.
Tickets for both events go on sale Monday, January 13, 2020. We have 100 spots available for the golf tournament, so don’t wait! You can purchase tickets in the school and parish office or the Greater Giving website. https://sfcshhi.ejoinme.org/Tickets
Single golfer: $100
(Gala tickets are sold separately)
Early Bird Special until February 14th : $65 per ticket
After February 14th : $80 per ticket
With each purchased ticket you will receive "$5000" in chips to play your favorite casino games.
We will be unable to sell additional chips at the Gala.
If you would like to purchase additional chips they are available for purchase anytime beforehand.
$30 for “$5000” in chips
With the purchase of your golf ticket, each golfer will receive a goodie bag and the chance to win prizes and awards at the awards ceremony after. You will also be able to purchase mulligans and participate in other fun contests the day of.
As always, we need your help with auction items and sponsorships. A packet was sent home with the students on Friday, January 10th, containing this year’s sponsorship levels, donation letter and receipt, and letters to potential and previous sponsors. You can also find each of those documents in the Weekly Howl or in the FSA Newsletter. If you have any questions regarding auction items, please feel free to contact me.
I look forward to another great St. Francis Gala and our first Golf Tournament. I hope to see everyone at both events!
2020 Gala Committee Chair
St. Francis By the Sea Catholic Church - News and Information
- Saturday, January 4th - (Advent Pictures, DOCYBT Info, Extended Care Info, Raptor Info, Brain Balance Info, FSA Golf Tournament & Casino Night Info, KOC Spaghetti Dinner, JPII Open House)
- Friday, December 13th - (Reindeer Run, Christmas Festival and Advent Concert Info, Lost and Found, Advent Info, Breakfast with Santa Schedule, Golf Tournament and Casino Night Info)
- Saturday, December 7th - (KOC Tip Off Classic, Michael P. White, Advent Wreath Blessing, Jessie Tree, Advent Calendar, Candy Cane Gram, School Pictures, Thrift Store Shopping, Reindeer Run, Parish Info, Catholic Schools History, Community Info).
- Saturday, November 30th - (Advent info, Advent Activities, Tip-Off Classic, Bottle Cap update, Candy Cane Gram, School Pictures Ordering, Michael P. White, Thrift Store Shopping Permission Slip, FSA Info, Community Info)