UES September 2021
We are ready for an Extraordinary 21-22 School Year!
We are excited to welcome our Undeniably Excellent Students back to the UES! We hope this Welcome Back update will provide you with important information and details to help you and your child gear up for an extraordinary 2021-2022 school year!
UES Important Dates:
- August 25 - Student Schedules will go live in Genesis Parent Portal after 3:00 PM
- August 27, 30, 31 - UES Student Chromebook Pick Up at MHS
- September 8 - First Day of School for ALL Students
- September 16 - No School - Yom Kippur
- September 17 - UES Home and School Meeting 9:30 AM - Virtual
- September 21 - BOE Meeting 7:00 PM
- September 23 & 24 - UES MAP Testing - All Students
- October 5 -7 - NJSLA Start Strong Assessment
Student Schedules and Teacher Assignment
Is your son or daughter eager to know his or her teacher(s) for this year? Is he or she itching to know who will be in his or her class? The wait will be over soon! The parent portal of Genesis will be open after 3:00 PM on Wednesday, August 25. Our UES counselors will be available to answer scheduling questions beginning August 26, after 1:00 PM. The counselor assignments are as follows:
UES Bus Information
All bus transportation information will be available in Genesis after 3:00 PM on August 25.
Please note the following about bus transportation:
- Students should be at the bus stop 10 minutes prior to the assigned time.
- Students will be assigned seats on the bus.
- Students must wear a mask while on the school bus.
- At dismissal, students will look for the bus number they have been assigned. The bus number for Moorestown owned busses will be a one or two-digit number. The bus number for contractor owned busses will start with the letter M (i.e. M23B).
- Bus numbers will be located in the bus window (not necessarily the number painted on the bus).
If you have questions regarding your child's bus assignment, bus stop, or bus schedule, please contact the Transportation Department (856-778-6600 ext. 12271).
Student Drop-off & Pick-up
We recognize that some families will transport students by car.
Please note the following:
AM Drop Off:
- Morning drop-off is at the BACK of the building. Students may not be on our UES campus prior to 7:45 AM.
- School starts promptly at 8:00 AM! Students are expected to be in homeroom by 8:00 AM.
- Students who are dropped off in the BACK will enter through the cafeteria and report to their respective homeroom.
- After 8:00 AM students must be dropped off at the FRONT and must sign in with our Attendance Secretary in the Health Office.
- Afternoon pick-up is at the BACK of the building at 3:00 PM. For the safety of our students and staff, cars may not be on campus prior to 2:45 PM.
- All Cars at Drop Off and Pick Up must enter the BACK entrance off of Salem Crossing Road. Cars are not permitted to line up on Salem Crossing or Borton Landing Road prior to 2:45 PM.
- Cars may be directed to park in the parking lot upon arrival to accommodate large numbers of cars.
Masks are Required for all Students and Staff
- As per Executive Order Number 251 and BOE Policy, all UES students, staff, and visitors must wear a face mask when in the building, regardless of vaccination status.
- Mask breaks/relief will be provided and will be outlined at the start of the school year
UES Student Chromebooks Pick Up - August 27, 30, 31
Friday 8/27/21, 7:30AM - 3:30PM
Monday 8/30/21, 11:30AM - 8:00PM
Tuesday 8/31/21, 7:30AM-3:30PM
- Pick up will be at the MHS Media Center (N. Stanwick Road side of the building). Cars should enter at 803 N. Stanwick Road and follow the signs to the Media Center parking lot.
- All Grade 4 and NEW Students should also pick up a laptop bag.
- All Grade 5 & 6 Students would bring their laptop bags with them. All Grade 5 and 6 Students will use the bag issued to them previously.
For more details, click HERE for the information sent via email by our Director of Technology, Mr. Jeff Arey.
MTPS Technical Support
Students and parents may contact the MTPS tech team if experiencing a technical problem at home with the MTPS computer or with the online systems that MTPS supports. If you get a busy signal or voicemail, we recommend calling back later or using the email address if possible. Email can be sent to these addresses anytime, and a tech team member will respond as soon as they can.
UES Tech support: firstname.lastname@example.org 856-793-0333 x 14250
UES Lunch and Recess 2021-2022
Students will enjoy lunch in school this year! To start the school year, our students will eat in our cafeteria at individual student desks. Students will be socially distanced and assigned to desks by homeroom.
- Students will be required to wear a mask when they are not actively eating.
- Students will assist with cleaning their space when finished eating.
- All students will have access to the Nutriserve provided lunch program. Details regarding the lunch menu and service will be shared soon!
- All students will have recess where they will be able to socialize with other students in their grade level.
- At this time, masks will not be required while students are outside playing.
- Cleaning of equipment, hand washing, and safety protocols will all be in place.
We cannot wait for our students to be able to enjoy Lunch and Recess!
Fall 2021 Testing Dates
September 23 - All UES Students will take the NWEA MAP Math Assessment.
September 24 - All UES Students will take the NWEA MAP Reading Assessment
NJSLA Start Strong Test
October 5 - All UES Students will take the Start Strong Math Assessment
October 6 - All UES Students will take the Start Strong ELA Assessment
October 7 - All UES Grade 6 students will take the Start Strong Science Assessment
Read It Forward Program
This year's UES Read It Forward book, The Season of Styx Malone, by Kekla Magoon is a book about extraordinary friendships, sibling relationships, family dynamics, risk-taking, integrity, loyalty, bullying, diversity, courage, and so much more. Themes from the book will be infused in discussions and lesson activities throughout the year as part of our SEL and character education program. The Season of Styx Malone is a Coretta Scott King Honor Book and the Winner of the Boston Globe Horn Book Award For Fiction.
Other Important Information:
- When students arrive at the UES they should report to their homeroom and line up in the hallway next to a UES logo. Logos are placed on the walls to help students remain socially distanced.
- Visitors will not be permitted to enter the UES at this time.
- Please make sure your child has all items needed for school. We need to limit items being dropped off during the school day.
- General supply lists can be found on our website https://ues.mtps.com
- Please have your child check his/her student email prior to Tuesday, September 8, for any important information from his/her teacher. Your child's student email address is made of his/her graduation year, his/her last name, his/her first initial, and @mtps.us. (Example - 27LastF@mtps.us)
Back To School Night
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate our return to school. Enjoy the last few days of summer, Labor Day Weekend, and remember to check your email, your child's email, and our website regularly for UES information and updates.
We look forward to working with you to ensure your child has an Undeniably Excellent and Extraordinary 2021-2022 School year!