Eagle Friday News and Notes
September 29, 2017
We Had A Great Time at Jog-A-Thon
- Remember that we are working towards our goal of $17,000!
- Don’t forget the Jog-A-Thon contest - first class to turn in their envelopes wins a fun day! To donate via Paypal visit http://eag.zcs.k12.in.us/
Dads Club Tailgate Last Friday!
3: Which Wich Night; ZFD visits 1st Grade
4: Walk to School Day
5: ZFD visits 2nd Grade
6: Dad's Club Camp out
10: 1st Quarter Ends
16-20: Fall Break
Walk to School Day Wednesday October 4
We are excited to invite our families to join us on Wednesday for Walk to School Day. Please remember to utilize sidewalks and cross-walks for safety.
If you are also walking home at dismissal we ask that you follow our normal procedure of meeting your child on the corner of the library property. We would like to invite you to come back to school at 2:45 after our car riders have left to join us for the book fair.
Kona Ice will be in the parking lot during the book fair from 2:45 - 4:30.
School Lunch Information
Next week is very busy at Eagle!
* The Book Fair runs from October 3 in the afternoon through October 9 in the morning. Open 8-9:30am and 2:30-4pm., plus a special lunch shopping spree October 4 from 11am-1pm.
* October 3 - Dine at Which Wich and a portion will come back to Eagle
- All week - bring in Box Tops starting October 2nd! Each Box Top that is collected earns 10 cents for our school. Please place them in a baggie or envelope labeled with your child’s name, and turn them into your teacher’s bucket. The top three students who collect the most Box Tops will win a prize. PLUS anyone who collects 50 or more Box Tops will have their name entered into a drawing for another prize. You have until October 6th to turn in as many Box Top labels as you can!
- Free After School Clubs: Visit eaglepto.ivolunteer.com to sign up for Math Club, Lego Club, and...
- Volunteer: assist with the book fair and counting box tops, but there are many other ways to help!
- If you’d like to stay informed about Eagle events text @eaglepto to 81010. Like us on Facebook at Eagle Elementary PTO.
- Thank you to all the hard work Dad’s Club and PTO parents and kids put into the rain garden at school.
ZEF Barn Bash
Ya’ll Come and Have Some Fun!
The 2017 Barn Bash to benefit the Zionsville Education Foundation is on Saturday, November 11 at Finley Creek Vineyards from 6:30-11:00pm. Join us as we fund upcoming Classroom, Imagine Professional Development, and Student Enrichment grants. These grants fund innovative projects that directly benefit teachers, students, and classrooms. In 2016, ZEF funded over $80,000 in grants!
Finley Creek Vineyards is the newest event space in town and its shabby chic interior is the perfect complement to your favorite casual western wear. Dinner is served at stations throughout the venue with shared seating and entertainment provided by the band Greta Speaks. A silent and live auction provide additional ways to support ZEF’s mission.
Visit www.zionsvilleeducationfoundation.org to buy your Barn Bash tickets today! Tickets are $75/person before October 27 and $85/person after October 27.
Strong in Every Way
Click here to learn more about ZCS's Human Capital Campaign.
Click here to learn about other events taking place in our community.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VOLUNTEERS
We value partnerships with our families and welcome parents and guardians to serve as volunteers in our schools. Each ZCS building offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities.
Field Trip Chaperones
Out of Town/Overnight Chaperones
Classroom Helpers (PTO parties/room parents)
After Prom Workers
Field Day/Jog-A-Thon Volunteers
Book Fair Sales/Athletic Ticket Sales
During the school day, all volunteers are expected to sign in at the front office. Prior to the volunteer opportunity, all volunteers must sign a Non-disclosure Acknowledgement Form and have successfully completed a Full Criminal History Background Check. Necessary background check paperwork is available on the ZCS website at the Volunteers/BRAVO link and should be submitted at least 10 days prior to the intended volunteer date. Volunteers must also view the state mandated confidentiality/bullying video, provided on the Volunteer/BRAVO website. The volunteer will pay the fee* for the full background check which will expire after 5 years. The link to apply for the full background check can be accessed on the Volunteers/BRAVO link on the ZCS main webpage. For more information, contact the Volunteer/BRAVO Coordinator.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS FOR VISITORS
During the school day, all visitors must enter via the front door and sign-in at the front office. Visitors need to be prepared to present a government issued photo ID which will be scanned against the National Sex Offender Registry. All visitors will be issued a visitor badge/tag to be worn inside the building at all times.
Classroom Guest Speakers
Classroom Special Events (Grandparent Day/Famous Hoosiers/etc.)
We ask that all visitors schedule an appointment to meet with teachers, counselors, administrators and all other staff members so that we may best serve everyone. Visitors other than parents/guardians must be prearranged and organized through the main office.
*ZCS thanks all volunteers for generous support of our youth and schools. Thank you, too, for supporting assurance of student and staff safety by completing and paying for a volunteer background check.