Ambassador Update for EduPaths
Update for 7/18 - 7/28
Dear Ambassadors and Advisory members,
EduPaths was Trending on Twitter July 11th as we launched our Summer PD from Wayne RESA and Alpena (AMA) ESD!
EduPaths Summer PD is rolling through the month of July. We are still receiving good ideas for courses as educators register for the August sessions, and our early PD participants are beginning to submit their completed courses. They are looking really good!! Summer has been busy and productive at EduPaths!!
Some of the submitted course titles include:
- Installing Multi-Tiered Systems of Supports Structures in a School
- Sketchnotes for Visualizing Learning
- Taking Oprah to the Next Level: Hosting an Online Book Club with Edmodo
The Alpena ESD and Wayne RESA sessions (July 11 & 12) were collaborative and active. In our face to face sessions we work very hard to accommodate the needs of all users with large group sessions, mini-clinics that are optional and available the entire 2 days, individual work time, and fun!
When asked to provide feedback about the most beneficial parts of the 2-day training, participants responded: Time to work...supportive trainers...readily available...flexible schedule...clear directions; and Time provided to work and support of experts when needed; and Helpfulness/Accommodations-self pacing, choice/repeating sessions, Whole group, small group, and even individual aspects of the training.
What an honor for us to work with such talented educators! Our new courses from this summer's sessions will be available to all educators in the fall - just in time for the new school year!
This week - in the office all week - reviewing content already submitted, finalizing our Articulate Storyline template that all content will flow into, and establishing our working processes as we look ahead to 2016-17!
Updated Stats for Users on EduPaths and Twitter Followers
The number of EduPaths users continues to increase. EduPaths users - 2,751 (up from 2,677) as of today - Monday, July 18; Twitter followers increase daily - currently at 343.
Where Have We Been & Where Will We Be?
- Week of July 11
- Danielle was in and out of the office with meetings in Lansing & presenting
- Jake was in Alpena for Days 1 & 2 training
- Kim, Molly & Ron were in Wayne for Days 1 & 2 training
- Week of July 18
- Danielle will be in and out of the office, planning for 2016-17
- 7/19 - Kim will be presenting EduPaths at a Google Conference at Genesee ISD
- 7/18-21 - Jake, Kim, Molly & Ron will be working through submitted content
- Week of July 25
- Kim & Jake will be at TBAISD for Days 1 & 2 training
- Molly & Ron will be at KRESA for Days 1 & 2 Training
- 7/27 - Kim will be at our EduPaths booth at MCTM
To provide a short update of the things we are currently working on
- Summer PD Flyer - Continue to reach out to the host ISDs to promote the trainings at their site. Use this to recruit and invite educators in your region!!
- Applications are closed at KRESA, TBAISD and Saginaw ISD.
- Applications are open still for Marquette & Sault Ste. Marie.
- We are finalizing our Project Management Work Flow to organize the process for submitted courses & are focusing on refining our reporting processes to prevent duplication of effort
- Summer PD Contracts/Letter of Agreement - CLICK HERE
- All applicants have been contacted about summer PD, have been enrolled in EduPaths Course Creation online course, and many are working through
- We are starting the review process of courses being submitted from the Oakland and Muskegon trainings. Very exciting to see them begin trickling in!!
- Our NEW EduPaths eNewsletter is gaining viewers. The eNewsletter goes out bi-weekly. Send to your contacts. New eNewsletter will go out 7/21.
- Still working on statewide conference sites to host booths - this is ongoing.
- Our evening Twitter Chats are postponed for the next few weeks. We should be able to establish our new schedule this week.
Applications Submitted for Summer PD
- Saginaw ISD - 64 - SESSION FULL, APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- Wayne RESA - 26 - APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- KRESA - 26 - APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- Clinton County RESA - 24 - APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- TBISD - 24 - APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- Oakland Schools - 21 - APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- Marquette-Alger RESA - 8
- Muskegon ISD - 7 - APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- Alpena ESD - 5 - APPLICATIONS CLOSED
- EUP ISD - 4
Very excited about the educators we have met and the opportunities to bring their ideas into EduPaths! What a partnership!!
Resources for Ambassadors
- The G-Presentation is available for showcasing EduPaths.
- SWIVL How-Tos for those who will be presenting at School Improvement Conferences
- The updated list is courses for SCHECHs
- Our updated list of External link courses/resources
- Let us know if you need SWAG! Would love to send some your way for events you may highlight EduPaths in this summer!!
- As you have worked through your districts and shared EduPaths, what are you hearing from the field? Share your stories about how things are going with educators in your region!l
- Some have asked how our Ambassadors are sharing EduPaths in their region - Share your strategies for getting EduPaths in front of educators in your area! Will publish in future updates.
Things we are still working on (our ongoing short-list)...
- Working through appropriate language for DPPD for our documentation for districts to use - we have developed a preliminary "final" HELP document. There are EduPaths site programming that will need to happen to make this operational.
- NEW a way to display # of SCECHs for new users on the Course Description page
- STILL adding curriculum standards to the site - Ken is working on a different way to import standards without manually adding them one by one!
Let us know if you have questions or would like more information on anything EduPaths related. Happy to help! Thank you for your support!!
Jake Gentry, Kim Garcia, Molly Bruzewski, and Ron Madison
Twitter Chat - Will be Tweeting again ... TBA
Summer PD Smore
EduPaths eNewsletter - for the public
Project Manager - Danielle Letter - email@example.com
Instructional DesignersMolly Bruzewski - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Garcia - email@example.com
Jake Gentry - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ron Madison - email@example.com