Jackson Family Weekly Update
January 10, 2022
PARA VER ESTE MENSAJE EN OTRO IDIOMA, VAYA A LA PARTE SUPERIOR DE LA PÁGINA Y HAGA CLIC EN “TRADUCIR.” DESPUÉS SELECCIONE EL IDIOMA DESEADO EN EL MENÚ. LA PÁGINA SE ACTUALIZARÁ AUTOMÁTICAMENTE.
- This week begins our mid-year FAST assessments. This assessment shows your child's growth in literacy and math skills. I cannot wait to see the progress each child has made this past semester.
- PTA Meeting - This Tuesday, January 11, 6:00 PM - Jackson Cafeteria. We would love to see you!
- McFarlin Mobile Food Pantry at Jackson - Tuesday, January 11, 5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
- No School - Next Monday, January 17, we are out of school in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Wishing you a wonderful week!
Jill Cliburn, Proud Principal
As winter truly sets in it is important that our students are dressed appropriately for the weather. We will have outdoor recess if the temperature and/or windchill is above 32 degrees; coats and long pants are recommended. In the morning, students may enter the building at 7:25 AM. Please do not arrive or drop off prior to this time.
Clothing Donations Needed
- Gently used shirts and pants (sweatpants or elastic waist pants are best)
- New children's underwear and socks
Thank you for your help in meeting the needs of our students.
ROTARY READING INCENTIVE - WEEKLY DRAWING FOR $10 GIFT CARD
The Rotary Clubs of Norman are supporting reading at Jackson Elementary by offering weekly incentives and rewarding growth on FAST assessments.
Weekly Drawing - reading incentives
When a child reads a book (independently 2nd- 5th or read aloud PK - 1st), they will fill out a slip w/ their name, teacher, title of book and put it in a box in the library. You may get the slips from your child's teacher.
The students will put the slip in the designated box in the library.
Every Friday, a drawing will be held and one boy and one girl will receive a $10 gift card to Wal-Mart.
Based on reading growth, measured through FAST progress monitoring and benchmark assessments, every student showing growth will be entered in a drawing to win a bicycle .
One boy bike and one girl bike will be given at the end of this semester.
Tuesday, January 11 - PTA - 6:00 PM - Cafeteria
Tuesday, January 11 - McFarlin Mobile Food Pantry 5:30 - 7:00 - Jackson Parking LotMonday, January 17 - NO SCHOOL - MLK DAY
Friday, January 28 - POPCORN FRIDAY
Tuesday, February 8 - First Grade Program - 6:00 PM
Tuesday, February 8 - McFarlin Mobile Food Pantry
Friday, February 11- Valentine's Day Parties
Monday, February 21 - NO SCHOOL - Presidents' Day
Thursday, February 24 - Spring Pictures