August/September 2022-2023 School Year
Dear Eagle Families,
We will be wrapping up August very soon. It is hard to believe how fast the days are going. Our eagles are working very hard as there are many assessments happening during this time of year. These tests help our fantastic staff know in which areas our students are excelling and where they may need further support.
Our arrival and dismissal have been going very smoothly. Thank you for helping us move the line. Our eagles are the best. They are eager to get in our beautiful building and get their day started. Please, rest assured, that we have several staff members in every hallway greeting your students and making sure they get to their classroom. If you have not been assigned a number for dismissal, please reach out to our front office staff and we will gladly help you.
I am including some information about the specific drills that we practice. Every month, we focus on a different drill. It is so important that our students understand why we practice and what each one means. Our teachers will be discussing them in detail and administration will discuss them on announcements. I am providing some information on the types of drills and emergencies so that you can continue these discussions at home. We can work together to ensure that we provide a safe learning environment and community. Please know that the safety of everyone in our building is extremely important to us. If you have any questions at all please contact us.
We have our Open House event this Thursday, September 1st, at 6:00-7:00pm. We will start in the cafeteria with our PTA meeting and then you will be able to visit your child's classrooms. Please be on the lookout for information about our PTA membership and tamale sale. Our PTA is extremely supportive of our campus. They are an amazing group that provide celebrations and incentives for our children. Please support them.
With much respect,
Laura Perales, Proud Los Encinos Principal
Emergencies and Drills
EVERY SCHOOL DAY MATTERS
Thank you families for ensuring your child arrives to school on time. Students need to be in their classroom by 7:50 a.m.
* Here between 7:30-7:50 a.m. "I am on TIME!"
* Here between 7:51-8:05 a.m. "I am TARDY!"
Here after 8:06 p.m. "I am here partial day"
CAPTURING KIDS HEARTS AUGUST & SEPTEMBER CHARACTER LESSON: EMPATHY
What is Empathy?
Los Encinos Parent Involvement
School Lunch Menu
Breakfast and Lunch
- Parents on campus - At this time, parents will only be allowed on campus to drop their child off and to pick up their child and will not be allowed in any indoor space except the office. This includes classrooms and bathrooms.
- Start time - School starts at 7:50am. Please be on time. We are already seeing an increase in tardies.
- Dismissal - School is dismissed at 3:10. Assigned numbers will be given to students. When the car pulls in to our parking lot the number of the student will be called and they will promptly exit.
- Student Calendar - Ensure you have our district calendar to staff up to date with instructional days and holidays. Link to School Calendar