Math Department 3rd-5th Grade
Week 29 News/Updates "TCAP Probe #7 Friday" and SPRING BREAK
Reminder: Spring Break Packets should be targeted and leveled for individual groups of students!
TCAP Probe #7 by EOD Friday, March 13th
Things to remember:
- The test is administered to all students grades 3-5
- Use TCAP Test Security Procedures
- Scan bubble sheets in school runner ASAP! This part is crucial because Spring Break is next week!
- Bubble sheets are ready to be printed and assessments can be found on sharepoint.
"Honing in on Number and Operations and the notion of Teaching to Mastery"
What does "teaching to mastery mean or imply"?
Number and Operations is the heaviest weighted domain on TCAP. As a district we have focused heavily on Number and Operations and will continue to do so leading up to TCAP. Below you will find district data showing our lowest performance areas (2 or 3) under the Number and Operations domain. Challenge yourself and your team to target these areas in your SPRING BREAK Packets and plans for after Spring Break.
You will also see the districts top 2 bright spots by school! Take a second to smile and pat yourselves on the back. Our students have consistently increased their proficiency in these areas.
Below you will find a couple videos that may help students grasp some of the most difficult skills.
0406.2.4 Find factors, common factors, multiples, and common multiples of two numbers.
0306.2.13 Recognize, compare, and order fractions (benchmark fractions, common numerators, or common denominators).
0506.2.6 Add and subtract proper and improper fractions as well as mixed numbers.
Doing something AMAZING that you want to share with the TEAM? Here is how........
- Send Katrina pictures or brief emails to go in our weekly newsletter
- Request Katrina come by and snap a couple pics
- Send Katrina a short video