Elizabeth Becoming Queen
Leaders Before Elizabeth, Elizabeth's Childhood
-There wasn’t much women leaders before Elizabeth but only 1 because they believed men were more dominant.
- Elizabeth was born 1533 and died in 1603 she lived for 70 years.
- Her mother was Anne Boleyn.
- As a child Elizabeth was sexually abused by her step father.
-When Elizabeth became queen the English people didn’t know if she would be able to rule.
- As Elizabeth got older the English people wanted to overthrow her.
- During Elizabeth’s reign england became very powerful
Facts About Elizabeth
-Elizabeth was called the Virgin Queen.
Why? Because Elizabeth refused to marry.
- Elizabeth says she was married to England.
- Another reason would be because Elizabeth is afraid of losing authority and or power of England. Meaning if she married then part of England will be her husbands.
Why Elizabeth is Important
- English began to become a world power under Elizabeth
-Under Elizabeth the Anglican Church was strengthened into a formal church.
-Under Elizabeth the British Isles were United for the First time as a nation.
-Under Elizabeth the Renaissance came to Britain
-Under Elizabeth the idea that a woman could lead a nation was solidified. up to that time Salic Law had ruled in Europe, Read the First act of Henry V by Shakespeare for what Salic Law is, England succession falls the Eldest as Celtic Custom.