Monday Memo, December 14, 2015
Funkstown School for Early Childhood Education
For the week of Monday, December 14th to Friday, December 18th
OUR VISION: Inspiring Curiosity, Creativity, and Achievement
OUR MISSION: Building a learning environment that meets the needs of every student, fosters mutual respect, and social responsibility which is enhanced by strong partnerships between home, school, and community.
- To Vicki Spino, Nancy and parent volunteers for a successful Book Fair. $2,000+ was sold throughout the week. KUDOS to everyone!
- To Pre-K teachers and paraprofessionals for the extra time and effort you put in to prepare your students for the holiday program on Book Fair Family Night. We had a large crowd here for the evening and everyone was happy to see their child/grandchild perform. A number of parents sent thank you's after the event. Great job!!
NEWS, NOTES AND REMINDERS
- The wood block sets from the Imagination Station are now boxed and ready to be used in classrooms under a sign-out system. The blocks will be kept on carts in the tech lab along with the sign out sheet. Teachers, is your responsibility to ensure that the blocks are placed back in the tubs and returned to the tech lab when your class has used them. If you plan to create a regular time during your week when you will have block play in your room please reflect that in your schedule.
- Angie Gibney, who has been subbing for Devon in the inclusion PreK classroom has excepted the teaching position for the new
therapeuticclassroom that will be located in room 0. Angie's start date in her new position will be January 4th. Congratulations Angie!!
- Interviews will begin this week for two paraprofessionals and a school psychologist related to the new classroom.
Funkstown Christmas Families-
Remember to have all Christmas donation boxes returned and ready to be distributed to families by Friday, December 18th. We are also still in need of cash donations for purchasing one Martins gift card for each family. Any amount you can give will be appreciated. Please see Nancy to contribute. Thanks!!
Monday, December 14th
- Student Flu mist will be administered today. Students whose parents gave permission for the flu mist will be collected from classrooms.
- Reminder - tomorrow is our staff holiday pot-luck lunch. Everyone's looking forward to all those yummy food items. Don't forget to add your name to the sign-up sheet in the teachers lunch room.
Tuesday, December 15th
- Staff holiday luncheon today. Chicken is being provided by the Social Wellness Committee. Don't forget to bring your contributions!
- If you participated in the Secret Santa fun, remember to bring your last gift item today!
- Special Ed. team meeting today - 11:30 to 12:15 Learning Cottage 3.
Wednesday, December 16th
- IEP meetings today in Learning Cottage 3 beginning at 8:30.
- Tammy Fochtman at Funkstown today.
- Arlene Reece-Toussaint at Funkstown today.
Friday, December 17th
- Think Tank at CES meeting for special ed. teachers. 12:00 to 4:00
- Happy Friday! Enjoy the last hectic weekend before winter break!
- Monday/Tuesday 9:30 to 10:00 Holiday movie for AM PreK classes. 1:30 to 2:00 for PM PreK and Kindergarten.
- Monday, December 21 - 12:30 to 2:00 Mr. Semler will be meeting with Valerie in office.
- Wednesday- Holiday sing along with Mrs. Moyer in cafeteria 9:30 to 10:00 and 1:30 to 2:00. Kindergarten teachers please choose one time to attend.
- Thursday, December 24 - Christmas Eve, Winter Break begins!!! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!