Hitlers Crave for Territory Leads to a "No Retreat Policy"
Summary of Event
FIRST HAND ACCOUNT
FACTS AND STATISTICS
- The policy begins on December 10th, 1941.
- Hitler dismissed the same generals who invented the Blitzkrieg, because they told him it was a bad idea.
- Hitler believed that Germany would win by sheer will power. This policy only affects the eastern front of Germany.
- The policy was made during the battle of Moscow, a time of stalemate in winter.
- Hitler made the policy because he was obsessed with "Lebenstraum", this was living space for the German people.
Bibliography: "Timeline." BBC. N.p., n.d. Web. <http://www.bbc.co.uk/timelines/zsmm6sg>.
WW2 in Color. N.p., n.d. Web. <http://www.ww2incolor.com/german_leadership/2441011581_6b4e34d665.html>.
"Hitler to Halder: No Retreat!" History.com. A&E Television Networks, n.d. Web. 16 Feb. 2016. <http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/hitler-to-halder-no-retreat>.
"Adolf Hitler." HISTORY. N.p., 28 June 2013. Web. 16 Feb. 2016. <http://www.history.co.uk/shows/soviet-storm-ww2-in-the-east/cast/adolf-hitler>.