The Pizitz Post
for Students, Parents & Families - February 20, 2023
As a district, our secondary schools have partnered together to ensure the success of all students as they transition from elementary school to middle school and middle school to high school. Our goal is to make sure that parents, families, and students are up-to-date on the different pathway options students have in their secondary learning experiences.
As a reminder, we offered virtual meetings to parents of current 6th and 7th graders, and we have provided one pre-recorded video of a session for parents on the LiveBinder. If you have a 5th grader who will be with us next year, you are welcome to join us virtually for a session for 5th grade families THIS Tuesday, February 21 at 5:30 p.m.
Here is the link to join us for this meeting:
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/omu-wzji-hue
To join by phone, dial +1 919-964-5314 and enter this PIN: 764 516 926#
In addition, all course cards and Powerschool choices are due THIS Friday, February 24. Our counselors and administrative team will be meeting individually with students to ensure that students' course card selections match their Powerschool selections. Our 6th and 7th grade counselors are going to be available in the cafeteria for students to ask questions about course selection during lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week as well.
If you have questions or concerns, check out the information provided in the LiveBinder here or reach out to an administrator or counselor. We are happy to help you navigate this process.
So Much to Celebrate!
- Three of our robotics teams were able to go to the state competition in Auburn last Thursday. Following the competition, one team was able to earn the opportunity to attend the World's VEX competition in May. Congratulations, teams! We are so proud of your collaboration and teamwork this year in robotics.
- Our MathCounts team competed last weekend, and Pizitz earned a first place finish in the competition. There were multiple individual awards, and our first place team will head to the state competition in March. So impressed with their perseverence to complete- all day on a Saturday!
These lessons will be taking place during PE on the following dates:
- February 21 teach 7th grade girsl during PE
- March 1 teach 7th grade boys during PE
- Come out and watch your Pizitz tennis teams kick off the season this week! We play Liberty Park in our opener on Wednesday at VHHS from 3:30-6:00p.m. The Future Rebel Classic is always fun and very competitive. On Thursday, we play Chelsea at VHHS also from 3:30-6:00p.m. It should be a great season!
- Our softball team has their first game of the season this Wednesday against Helena at 4:30p.m.
Come out and cheer on our teams as they kick-off the season!
Interested in Bass Fishing?
We have a student interest meeting for anyone interested in being part of our middle school bass fishing team- this is open to all grade-levels. We have partnered with Liberty Park MIddle School to have a joint team. Coach Rayfield will come to Pizitz during 8th period on Monday, February 27. If you are interested, please join the meeting in the library and bring your Chromebook. If you have questions, feel free to reach out to Coach Rayfield by email at email@example.com.
Library Update this Week
Due to standardized testing, the library will be CLOSED to students this week. If you have computer issues, please ask your teacher to put it on the Help Desk. Students will not be able to use the computer lab or check out books during this time.
During this time of year, many families are planning spring trips. As a reminder, all students are permitted up to ten parent or principal approved absences throughout the year. Other absences should be accompanied by a doctor's note and will be noted as doctor-excused or "DE" in Powerschool. Otherwise, the absences will be considered unexcused. This is in alignment with our board's policy regarding absences.
All students have the opportunity to participate in a scoliosis screener in March. If you would like your child to participate, please complete the form sent home with your child last week, or you can find the form attached here. If you do not complete the form, we will assume you do not want your child to participate.
Extra copies will be available at the front office. All forms are due on Friday, March 3rd. You may drop the form off at the front office or email to Nurse Nancy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dance Team Auditions
If you are a 6th or 7th grade girl interested in auditioning for the 2023-2024 Pizitz Middle School Treasures Dance Team, please join the DT Audition Google Classroom page using this link: https://classroom.google.com/c/NTYyNzk3MTI4Nzc3?cjc=izwyer7 or use the Google Classroom code: izwyer7.
All information pertaining to membership, clinic and auditions will be located here.
Interested in Robotics at VHHS?
The VHHS Robotics Team is now accepting applications for 2023 - 2024. Applications must be turned in to Mrs. Rice (at Pizitz) by Thursday, March 2. Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Check out the application and information provided by VHHS here.