September 22, 2022
North Texas Giving Day is Here!
Please click the graphic below to contribute. We appreciate you all!
Support St. Joseph Catholic School - Arlington on NTX Giving Day
St. Joseph Catholic School has been serving the Arlington community for over twenty-seven years by "Teaching the Mind and Nourishing the Soul" of each student we encounter. Our goal is to deepen a child's ability to wonder about the world God has created, as well as help...
Celebrating 28 Years of Excellence in Catholic Education
Theme for the Year
Our Mission and Vision Statements
St. Joseph Catholic School provides students with a nurturing and prayerful learning environment committed to academic excellence, training missionary disciples to seek virtue, wisdom, and truth, in partnership with a community of active and faithful families.
Catholic schools in the Diocese of Fort Worth are committed to opening the doors so that our students can reach further than the walls that would otherwise enclose them and therefore are able to recognize and cherish the eternal and transcendental goods of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness.
Teaching the Mind...Nourishing the Soul
From the Principal
I speak on behalf of all the faculty and staff at SJCS when I say we are honored to be in partnership with you serving your children. Our ultimate goal is to help our Knights have a strong relationship with Christ and a straight path to heaven by living a life of virtue and truth. All else will fall into place.
Diane Price, M.Ed.L.
September Bible Verse on Theme of Faith
Saintly Quote About Faith to Ponder With Your Family
"Faith and love are like the blind man's guides. They will lead you along a path
unknown to you, to the place where God is hidden." -- St. John of the Cross
Virtue for the Month of September
Study of Greek and Latin Roots
Here are the Greek and Latin roots we are working on across campus this week:
vis-, vid- (see)
super- (above, beyond, over, on top of)
flu-, fluct-, -flux (flow, flowing, wave)
Reminders and Upcoming Events
- WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING NEW FAMILY APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2022-2023 ACADEMIC YEAR! Please direct inquiries to the school office.
- Wednesday Weekly Mass - Mass begins at 8:30 a.m. each Wednesday, and all are welcome to attend. Students are to wear their dress uniforms which includes a sweater.
Parents are invited to Monday Morning Prayer Services - Families are invited to our Monday Morning Prayer Services in the Marian Center. Services begin at 8:00 am. Feel free to park and walk into the gym and find a seat. As long as you leave the gym after the service, you are not going to be required to get a badge from the office.
- 9/22 - Today is the Day! North Texas Giving Day - Thank you for supporting our school through participation in our Annual Fund kick-off event of North Texas Giving Day. All funds donated will go into our annual fund to cover the costs for our school's financial health and future growth. Here is the link to donate: https://www.northtexasgivingday.org/organization/st-joseph-catholic-school-arlington
- 9/24 Saturday – Texas Ranger Catholic School Night - Please see the details below. Link to purchase t-shirt:
- 9/29 8th Grade Fundraiser - Dinner and Talent Show (see details below) - Funds raised go to support the activities of the Class of 2023 and our Fine Arts Program. This is a night you do NOT want to miss! Here is the link to purchase tickets - https://stjosephcatholicschool-6.factsmgtadmin.com/form/D3P4VJaim?i=&authToken=__token__
- 9/30 Coffee with Christ (7:30am to 8:00am) by the statue of the Blessed Mother - All are invited to grab a cup of coffee or a donut and pray the Rosary beginning at 7:45am. Details below.
- Men's Rosary Group - Each Wednesday, the Men's Rosary Group will meet in the Art Room to pray the Rosary before Mass. Please join!
- Bottled Water and Sanitizing Wipes are always needed. You can receive 1 service hour for every $10 spent. Thank you for your generosity!
- If you are an Amazon customer, please use Amazon Smile! We receive a donation from Amazon when you shop. Go to smile.amazon.com to participate. It is a very easy way to support the school! Thank you!
- If you know a St. Joseph Catholic School alumni, please let them know we are looking to stay in contact, and would love to hear how they are doing. See the notice in our alumni section of below.
Our Annual Fund Kick-off: North Texas Giving Day is Here!
Annual Fund Mailer
Be watching for this year's Quest for Excellence Annual Fund pamphlet to arrive in the mail soon. It contains all the details of why we need your financial support to grow the school. Thank you.
Honoring the Blessed Mother and Helping the School
Monthly Fellowship Opportunity
All are welcome!
SJCS Men's weekly Rosary Group
Home and School Association
Spirit Knights for 2022-2023
Service Hour Opportunities
- Volunteer to help at an HSA event!
- Help beautify the flower beds around campus.
- Donate water bottles.
- Donate food during NJHS Food Collections at Mass.
- If you are able to provide a case of water to the school, you will earn 1 service hour per case.
- We are always in need of Lysol spray.
- We are always in need of Clorox wipes.
- Liquid hand soap
- Disposable gloves
- STREAM Enrichment supplies (listed below)
Every $10 you spend will earn 1 service hour. Thank you! We truly need the help.
Save the Date!
Knights in Action!
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
8th Grade Student of the Month
Congratulations on receiving the August 8th Grade Student of the Month Award, Megan Thomas!
Teachers tell us that Megan is thoughtful, cheerful, and positive. She is kind to her classmates and to her teachers. She takes her education very seriously, and always does her best. You can depend on Megan to always have something nice to say to everyone, and frequently has something meaningful to contribute to class discussions. You serve as an example to others, Megan.
Thank you to the St. Joseph Parish Knights of Columbus and representative, Mr. Dave Leferink, for sponsoring this award for our Knights for so many years! We cherish your support.
8th Grade Student of the Month
Congratulations to the September 8th Grade Student of the Month, Audrey Murphy! Teachers share that Audrey is a conscientious student who is willing to help in any way. She loves to participate and share. She is not afraid to help her classmates and participates in class discussions with a positive attitude. Audrey gives her best effort in all that she does. Thank you for leading others by your example, Audrey.
Monday Morning Prayer Service
Thank you to Mrs. Aguirre and her 1st grade student leaders for praying with the school community at this week's prayer service. It is not easy reading in front of the entire school. Well done! I am very proud of you all!
P.E. This Week
It was rock wall time in P.E. this week! These Knights gave our rock wall a good climb. Look how a good challenge makes smiles all around. Well done, Knights!
Displays on Campus
From Lower School to Upper School, there is always an array of student work to view.
Keep up the good work, Knights! You are learning and growing with each assignment. Love the detail and creativity you are placing into your work!
This Week in Art
Cartooning skills and imagination were explored by SJCS students and expressed this week in Art inspired by commercial art and art history.
3rd Grade: Cartoon Family Portraits - creating original characters sharing similar traits (e.g. facial expressions, body types) and clothing styles
Kindergarten: Animal Cartoon Characters
5th Grade: 1980’s Pop Art inspired by graffiti artist Keith Haring
6th Grade: Expressionist Art inspired by Edvard Munch’s “The Scream” illustrating the art of fear
International "Dot" Day!
SJCS Alumni News
Class of 2022
St. Joseph Parish News
Meet Our Parish Priests
Weekly Mass Opportunity
- Parish website link: https://stjoe88.org/
- Please join the parish for daily and weekend Masses at this link: https://youtu.be/LxIRBSew1yI
- Please continue tithing to your parish. St. Joseph Parishioners may go to this link to give: https://stjoe88.org/giving
- Be sure to look into FORMED.org. The parish has paid for your subscription to this vast library of inspiring videos and essential reads to help grow your faith. Just go straight to the "Enter Code" button and enter 4BDX9H to begin the process. You may also access this through the parish website link below. Enjoy!
Join Bishop Olson for mass
Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth link:
ST. JOSEPH, PROTECTOR OF FAMILIES, PRAY FOR US.