the week of April 13th - 17th
As a reminder, below is the link for the "One-Stop-Shop" website for remote learning at Fischer. This website has district links, contact links and remote learning links for each teacher.
Parent Group with 360 Youth Services
360 Youth Services is offering a free online education and peer support program for parents and caregivers of middle and high school aged teens who are experiencing difficulties during the current pandemic on Tuesday, April 14th and Thursday, April 16th.
Here is the flyer for the program.
Mindfulness is calming and relaxing. "Being mindful is what it sounds like. Taking time to focus on the present, being intentional and thoughtful about where you are and how you are feeling."
Here are some Mindfulness Activities:
- Squeeze Muscles: Starting at your toes, pick one muscle and squeeze it tight. Count to five. Release, and notice how your body changes. Repeat exercise moving up your body.
- Belly Breathing: Put one hand on your stomach and one hand on your chest. Slowly breathe in from your stomach (expand like a balloon) and slowly breathe out (deflate).
- Mindful Meal: Pay attention to the smell, taste and look of your food. No multitasking.
- Meditation: Sit in a relaxed, comfortable position. Pick something to focus on, like your breath. When your mind wanders, bring your attention back to your breath.
- Blowing Bubbles: Notice their shapes, textures and colors.
- Coloring: Color something. Focus on the colors and designs.
- Listening to Music: Focus on the whole song, or listen specifically to the voice or an instrument.
An excerpt from the article: Child Mind Institute