Thank you for being a contestant and participating in our 1st Annual Chili Cook-Off As a contestant/competitor, you will be the star of the show, demonstrating your cooking skills and chili making magic!
Here are some basic rules and guidelines for the competition:
Registration and Preparation – $25 per entry (only 12 entries accepted)
- You must register for the event by Friday January 13 @ midnight online or at the front desk. Registration link HERE. Nikkie will contact you after she receives your registration form to submit payment for your entry. If you need help with the form and submission contact Nikkie Roberts at email@example.com
- Each person may only have one submission: Meadows residents only please.
- Give your chili a fun but appropriate name for a kid's event.
- Rank your chili on a hot scale from 1 to 5, 1=mild and 5=five alarm hot!
- You do not need to give away the secret family recipe but please list out ingredients for allergies sake, contestants must submit ingredient sheet 1 week before the event or be disqualified.
Day of Event – February 4, 2023, 11:30am - 2:00pm
- You will prepare your chili at home and transport it to The Grange to serve.
- You may arrive up to 90 min before the participants begin tasting to set up and get your chili ready to go.
- Please cook 8-10 quarts of chili (e.g., a full-size crockpot worth of chili. Tasting portions will be approximately 1-2 oz).
- Chili must be provided by the contestant and associated costs will not be reimbursed by The Meadows.
- Bring your own crockpot/warmer and extension cord.
- Bring your own chili toppings and garnishes. Whatever will make your chili shine!
The Meadows Neighborhood Company will provide –
- 8ft table & 2 chairs.
- Acrylic ingredient worksheet stands (displaying the ingredient list of your chili).
- 1 oz serving ladle.
- Disposable spoons, 4oz chili tasting cups, water, lemonade, and desserts.
- Power for your warmers (extension cords not provided).
- Name tags.
- Chili tasting will occur from 11:30am - 1:30pm at which time we will call spoons down and ask for voting cards to be submitted. We will take 30 min to tally up the scores.
- Residents will attend the event and be our taste testers and judges! Best Chili will be decided by the greatest number of votes. Each participant will be allowed to vote 1 time. 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place winners will receive a trophy and gift card and a year’s worth of bragging rights until the 2024 chili cook-off!
Event Date: Saturday, February 4, 2023
Time: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Location: The Grange
Thank you again for your participation!!!
Please call Nikkie Roberts at 303-814-3953 with any questions.