At A Glance
March 9, 2015. 11 items this week
Life's 10 Essentials
A teacher shared this with me earlier in the week. I thought I would pass it on. I'll send snipits of it along now and then.
It’s surprising how easy it is to lose sight of the important things in life. Busy schedules and weekly routines have a tendency to put the brain on autopilot.
Some of life’s essential truths need repeating. Keep this list handy and give it a read any time you need a boost.
1. BEING BUSY DOES NOT EQUAL BEING PRODUCTIVE
Look at everyone around you. They all seem so busy—running from meeting to meeting and firing off emails. Yet how many of them are really producing, really succeeding at a high level?
Success doesn’t come from movement and activity. It comes from focus—from ensuring that your time is used efficiently and productively.
You get the same number of hours in the day as everyone else. Use yours wisely. After all, you’re the product of your output, not your effort. Make certain your efforts are dedicated to tasks that get results.
- Pick Up Trash On and Below the Table
- Line Up Properly
- Keep Your Food (Don't share food)
A BIG thank you to all teachers who are administering the 3rd Nine Weeks DDAs. The information from these DDAs will be very useful as we prepare for the selected-response questions on the Georgia Milestones.
Please remember all DDA scores need to be converted before being entered into the 1% interim category of the grade book. The GCPS conversion tables for each subject area are located in SchoolNet.
OAS for your Kids
If you have not seen the OAS tests that Tracy has set up, check them out. The questions have a good range of Depth of Knowledge (DoK). These questions mirror Milestones-type questions.
Tracy has saved grade levels a HUGE amount of time putting these together. Thank you Tracy! If she can help you with getting these for your kids, let her know.
Class List Spreadsheets
We will be completing coding to be used to create next year's class lists.
The due date for this is Monday, March 9th.
- Open appropriate grade level spreadsheet located on Shared Drive. (Shared Drive > Staff > FY15ClassLists>1st Grade Spreadsheet)
- Find your class and enter necessary data in the highlighted columns.
- High Achiever – place a Y in the column for any student designated as high achiever
- Academic Support – place a Y in the column for any student needing academic support
- Behavior Support – place a Y in the column for any student requiring behavior support
- RTI – Place a Y in the column for any student in the RTI process, but not SST process
- Separate From – list names of any students that need to be separated
- Save spreadsheet.
- If any information listed on the spreadsheet is incorrect, please notify Christy Grennor so that corrections can be made.
Tracy's Technology Update
Student Portal Overview: I created a student portal overview flyer for your students and parents in order to give them a brief synopsis of what the student portal has to offer. Please feel free to send this home in your Friday folder or include in your newsletters. There is also a link under the school news section of our website.
OAS Assistance: Sign me up to assist your students logging in and using the OAS website. Please email if you see "office hours" next to a time that best suits you and your students. I will make myself available for you. The office hours is a "just in case" I need time to complete daily tasks and it can always be moved or switched.
eCLASS Usage: You are doing a great job with using eCLASS. While our numbers decreased slightly last week we still had a higher percentage than we have seen all year. According to the data for the week of February 23rd we had 78% of teachers and 60% of students logging into their eCLASS course pages. Keep up the great work. Next week we will have eCLASS staff development on creating shared lessons in the shared grade level pages and how to copy those lessons out to your own courses.
Magic Tickets: We are here for you! Marianne and I would like to put out a friendly reminder to submit those magic tickets with any technology need you have. Since Marianne serves two schools the magic tickets help us plan our day and be more productive for you.