The Ravens' Nest
Randolph Early College High School Newsletter
Week of November 30, 2020
Reminders for Students and Staff Members:
1) Stay at home on Monday (11/30/20) if you have developed COVID-19 symptoms over the holiday break and call school for further directions.
2) Stay at home on Monday (11/30/20) if someone in your house has developed COVID-19 symptoms over the holiday break and call school for further directions.
3) Stay at home on Monday (11/30/20) if you have been exposed to a person who is positive for COVID-19 over the holiday break and call school for further directions.
4) Stay at home on Monday (11/30/20) if you tested positive for COVID-19 over the holiday break and call school for further directions.
5) Stay at home on Monday (11/30/20) if you traveled out of the country during the holiday break and call school for further directions....please note that you will be required to quarantine for 14 days starting with your return date from out of the country.
Let's Talk Exams!
High School Information:
All classes will have an exam that counts 25% of the overall grade.
During the week of December 7th, all non-EOC high school courses will have a teacher-made exam. Teacher-mades will count as 25% of a students' overall grade as well. Teachers have the flexibility to use various formats for their exams (projects, presentations, multiple-choice tests, etc). Students will receive information from teachers concerning their teacher-made exam. Remote students will not need to report to RECHS on a specific day to test for teacher-mades. (Please note, some classes might require students to report to school to submit projects.)
For the week of December 7th-11th (teacher-made exam week), we will follow a normal Monday/Tuesday 'AA Day' schedule, Wednesday remote instruction, and Thursday/Friday 'BB Day' schedule.
Students in Math I, Biology, English II and Math III will participate in an End-of-Course exam (EOCs). EOCs will be given during the week of December 14th-18th. We will follow an alternate schedule this week, as we will test on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Friday (12/18) will be a make-up exam day. We will test based upon subject. Please see the schedule below.
All remote students in Math I, Biology, English II and Math III must report to RECHS in-person for their End-of-Course exams. Remote students will report to school based upon their assigned day in the email they received from Mrs. Grosch. All remote students received a call/email allowing them to request transportation and/or lunch for the EOC exam week.
Students who DO NOT have EOCs will be on remote learning during the December 14-18th exam week and will not report to RECHS.
Students will also have exams in their college classes. The last day of college classes is December 14th. Instructors will communicate with students concerning exam expectations.
RECHS Information Sessions Begin THIS WEEK!
Give Thanks by Giving Back: RECHS Food Pantry Drive
The RECHS food pantry was established to assist Ravens and their families. Help us fill the shelves by donating non-perishable items throughout semester.
WHAT: RECHS Food Pantry Drive
WHEN: Now until December 18, 2020
WHERE: VT Building
Collection boxes will be located at the student entrances on the bus and car-rider sides of the VT Building.
Advising and Registration Feedback Form
Students, we want to hear from you! Please complete the feedback form below regarding Spring 2021 RCC registration. We are always looking for ways to serve you better, so please provide your feedback!
SENIORS: IT'S TIME FOR CAPS and GOWNS
Seniors, please use the link below to register with Southern Recognition. Caps and gowns are $55 (this includes the cap, gown, tassle, and stole).
PLEASE PURCHASE YOUR CAP AND GOWN BY DECEMBER 15TH. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO MEET THIS DEADLINE, PLEASE SEE MRS. BLACKMON OR MRS. GROSCH IMMEDIATELY!
SOUTHERN RECOGNITION WEBSITE LINK
Some key notes for seniors from Southern Recognition, Inc.
- Caps & gowns are delivered to RECHS (not shipped home) in the early spring before your cap and gown pictures in April.
- All other graduation products will be manufactured, packaged, and drop-shipped directly to the student's or parents' home (multiple shipments may occur depending upon the manufacturing timeline for graduation products).
- All orders and shipping statuses can be reviewed and tracked through MY ACCOUNT on www.SouthernRecognition.com
- CONTACT US: Support@SouthernRecognition.com if any questions or concerns arise in the ordering or delivery processes for the Class of 2021.
Parents and College Grades
FERPA Release Form
The FERPA Form can be found at the following web address: https://etcentral.primary.randolph.edu/#/form/55 .
It must be noted that parents will need to fill out the FERPA form by clicking the "Azure AD" button (pictured).
Parents will then log in with their child's RCC username and password.
Once this form has been processed, parents will be able to request any information from their child's records at the registrar's office (full transcript included). Mr. Ferguson will also be able to include the parent's email address when he sends out a student's alert.
This form must be filled out each academic year to retain access. Additionally, once approved, the parent will be able to login and see their child's information without asking their child for it on Self-Service.
9th Grade-----$17.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
10th Grade---$17.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
11th Grade---$17.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
12th Grade---$42.00 (Instructional and graduation)
Fees go to providing educational opportunities for students both in person and remote, such as subscriptions, lab materials, supplemental books, etc. Remote students can mail these in if they wish. If mailed, please make to the attention of Christy Cross.