Creativity Tools: Koma Koma & Vidra
Planning and Storyboarding
You cannot have a good animation without a good story. The story comes first. Before capturing photos for the stop motion video, have students use a storyboard to plan an outline for the stop motion video. See examples below.
- Secure your camera so that it does not move.
- Create a backdrop for the setting to keep it clear of unwanted background items.
- Use a whiteboard if you can illustrate with drawings.
- Legos give you both characters and set.
- Clay can be used to morph simple shapes into more artistic shapes.
- To add narration to your KomaKoma stop motion video, open the exported Koma Koma video in the iMovie app.