November 1-4, 2020
Election Day is Tomorrow
Find out about polling places, how to register day-of, and more here: https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/registervoter
Student Success Holds Are Active
Students who have not completed their TRIO semester meeting will see a Student Success Hold reflected on their WMU accounts as of today. Once you have completed your semester meeting, this hold will be removed from your account.
*If you are unable to find a meeting time that works for your schedule, please email Nathifa or Candace to work out a plan to complete your meeting via email or after traditional work hours.*
We are utilizing Microsoft Bookings to schedule all meetings now. See the below video on how to utilize the Bookings system and connect to your meeting during your scheduled time with Microsoft Teams. ***These meetings are VIRTUAL***
There are two things that need to be done BEFORE your meeting with TRIO SSP:
- A meeting (via appointment or email) with your academic advisor to have your Spring 2021 courses prepared or verified
- A Student Needs Assessment has been completed at least 48 hours before your semester meeting
**If these two criteria are not met before your meeting, we will need to cancel your appointment. You will be responsible for rescheduling a new meeting time.**
ALL TRIO SSP students will need to complete a semester meeting, including students who were admitted to the program Fall 2020 and those graduating Fall 2020.
Once you are ready, book your appointment here: wmich.edu/triostudentsuccess/advising
Courses opened for viewing on Wednesday, October 21.
Those with priority registration will begin registering on Thursday, November 5 at 7:30 a.m.
Last day to withdraw from a course is TODAY
Students who have holds on their accounts, but would like to withdraw from a class can email the Registrar directly to have the course dropped by following these instructions:
- Using your WMU email address, send a request to the Registrar's office using this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, November 2nd. The Registrar's office will withdraw you from the class.
- Include your WIN and be very clear about which class(es) you'd like to withdraw form.
- Check your "Sent Items" folder to make sure the email was sent.
More information on how to connect to this event will be shared in next week's newsletter
All registered TRIO SSP students should have received an email from Tutor.com to inform them how to register/login to the site last week. Check in your spam folder if you do not recall receiving a message from tutor.com. If you did not receive an email last week, please let Nathifa or Candace know.
Foundations in Personal Finance
To register for the Foundations in Personal Finance course:
- Go to https://www.foundationsdigital.com/app/#/login/
- Create an account using your WMU email
- Use b86fb1 as your class/voucher/access code
- Hit Create an Account then Return to Sign-In
- Put in your new log-in information and hit Let's Go
- Click on Fall 2020 Foundations in Personal Finance course
- Start with Chapter 1 and work your way through!
This Friday from Noon-1 p.m. is the last Dine and Discuss event for students participating in the Foundations in Personal Finance course. These events are not mandatory of participants, but attendance is encouraged. We will use this hour to process what you are learning, assist you in creating plans to start your financial freedom journey, and talk all things financial wellbeing!
To join the Dine and Discuss:
Meeting number:120 372 3856
Join by video system:
You can also dial 188.8.131.52 and enter your meeting number.
Join by phone:
+1-312-535-8110 United States Toll (Chicago)
Access code: 120 372 3856