Manchester Park Updates
MP Families - Week of 5-15-22
Students must return iPads AND accessories. The list of these is below. The picture will also be helpful in locating items.
- iPad case
- Apple charger block
- Apple charger cord
See the picture below of items that need to be returned.
Fit and Fun Day
Plan on preparing your students for outdoor activity. Lunches will occur at regular lunch times.
There is a link in the PTO Updates section for any needed vounteer spots.
Preparing for 2022-23
For adequate 2022-23 planning, we're asking your help with the following:
- If your student will not be returning to MP next year, please contact our front office this week.
- If you are aware of new friends or neighbors who will be joining us at MP next year, please advise them to contact our front office to set up a time for registration prep.
Fifth Grade Events
As we prepare to send our 5th graders to middle school, we have events these last two weeks of school for them.
Thursday, May 19, 6:30 PM - 5th Grade Recognition
Tuesday, May 24 - 5th grade field trip
Wednesday, May 25 - 5th grade clap-out at dismissal
A separate email will be sent early this week to parents of 5th graders with specifics for these events.
Lost and Found
Just a few more events before we head out for summer break! With Fit & Fun Day being moved to Monday, we need a few more volunteers. Please take a look at the Sign Up Genius listed below. Do you want to be a Committee Chair next year for one of the PTO events? Please check out this Sign Up Genius if you’re interested https://tinyurl.com/2022-23MPCommitteeChairs. If you have questions please email us at Manchesterparkpto@yahoo.com.
UPCOMING EVENTS & INFORMATION
May 16th: Fit & Fun Day
May 19: 5th-Grade Recognition, 6:30-8:00 PM
May 20th: Jarvy's Family FUNdraising Night
Mention MP and a portion of sales go back to your school.
May 25: 5th-Grade Celebration 8:30am for students only and 5th grade clap out for parents at dismissal.
FACS Summer Camp
Arrival and Dismissal
In addition, several families are arranging separate drop off/pick locations in the surrounding neighborhood. If doing so, please be sure to meet your student at the designated time, and instruct them to walk only on sidewalks for their safety.
Last Day for Library Book Check-Out
All library books must be returned by Friday, May 20.
If you are aware of any lost or damaged library books, please contact Amy McFarland email@example.com so she can assess cost for replacement.
Please click on the two links below for further instructions.
PRT Summer Camps
Lunch Guest Sign Ups
Please adhere to the following:
- Sign up on the link provided below. There will be a limit of five students per day in each grade level who will be allowed lunch visitors.
- No more than two visitors per student on any sign-up day. Each sign up includes two guests.
- Make sure you know exact lunch times, so students may resume their regular school day.
- Parents will be eating in the lunchroom with all students. We simply don't have separate spaces available for this.
- If bringing in food, you may only provide for your child. You may not bring in food for classmates.
- Visits are for lunch only, and will not include recess.
- And of course, any visitors must check in at the front office.
- If you plan to purchase a school lunch for yourself, you must contact the front office prior to 8:45 AM on the day of your visit.
- Adult lunch cost is $3.95
- The cafeteria does not accept payment, so $$ must be on your students account for your lunch purchase.
Link is below. If you arrive without signing up, we may not have an available spot for you.
Check In Reminder
Zones of Regulation at Home
Have you ever thought about implementing the Zones of Regulation at home? This may be a great way to encourage your leader to check in with themselves and for you to check-in with them. This is something we do during Counseling lessons as it is important to recognize and identify our feeling. We also emphasize it is okay to feel what we feel as they are signals for us. Our job is to recognize and identify the feelings so we can work through them.
A favorite quote to share with our leaders is, "You can't go over it. You can't go under it. You have to go through it."
Please click link below.