Memory Improvement Tips
Remembering Information After a Class
- If you use a calendar that sends reminders to your phone it can help you keep track of all of your appointments.
- When you are studying for a test, try to study in a place free of distractions. This includes no music or being around other individuals.
- When you're organizing information try to group similar concepts and terms together. By doing this, it will help you remember the information.
- Another great way to remember information is to come up with your own mnemonic. This is when you come up with something funny or catchy that will help you to remember the information better. For example, in math class people say, "Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally," to remember the order of operations (PEMDAS).
- If you relate something new to something old it will help to get a better understanding of the information, and you will remember it.