LCMS Weekly Newsletter
By Tami Gunset
6th Grade STUDENTS ONLY
6th Math STAAR Field Testing - Feb. 15
Our campus has been chosen to participate in the Math STAAR Field Test on Tuesday, February 15. The purpose of this field test is to evaluate new types of questions being considered for a future STAAR redesign. Students will not be impacted by their performance on this field test, nor will we receive any individual results or data. The benefit to students participating in this field test will be using the online testing system, which is what will be used for the Spring STAAR testing. If you have any questions please contact Megan Cooper, campus Test Coordinator, at 806-863-7104 or email@example.com
January Staff Member of the Month
7th Girls "A" Team City Runner Up
8th Girls "A" Team 4th place in City
8th grade Girls Wrestling City Champions
7th grade Boys Wrestling 3rd place finish in City
Advanced to City Championships
Rylann Keith - Silver Medal
Camillo Esqueda - Gold Medal
Josh Rando - Silver Medal
Fabian Bravo - Silver Medal
Wyatt Schaef - Silver Medal
Abraham Nolasco - Silver Medal
Eli Garcia - Silver Medal
Tylie Ramos - Silver Medal
Peyton Duncan - Gold Medal
Blaze Douglas - Silver Medal
Heavenly Garcia - Silver Medal
Anaveh Gonzales - Gold Medal
Chloie Cortez - Silver Medal
Absidee Poole - Gold Medal
Addison Gunset - Gold Medal
Mandi Maloney - Silver Medal
Audrielle Martinez - Gold Medal
Fine Arts T-Shirts Still Available
Click PDF for more Information about Lady Pirate Hoopsters
Eighth Grade Banquet
Attendance Reminders for LCMS:
- School begins at 8:15 AM.
- First bell rings at 8:10 AM.
- Tardy bell rings at 8:15 AM.
- Any arrivals after 8:40 AM are counted as an absence for 1st period.
- Any early check out by parent before 3:35 PM will be counted as an absence for 8ht period.
- If your student is ill, please EMAIL in by 9:00 AM.
- After a student's seventh absence, a doctor’s note is required.
* Excused and Unexcused absences will count toward being able to exemption final exams for the Spring semester. S days do not count toward attendance when determining exemption criteria.
Please note, students will LOSE spring exam exemption status due to any of the following:
- The student has four or more tardies in the class the student wants to exempt
- The student has three or more absences in the class the student wants to exempt or one or more unexcused absence (U-U) in the class a student wants to exempt
Two Week Calendar of Events
Monday, February 14 - Valentine Day
Monday, February 14 - Tennis vs Hutch - Boys @ Hutch / Girls @ LCMS
Tuesday, February 15 - 6th grade Math STAAR Field Test (8:30am)
Wednesday, February 16 - 8th grade Banquet Meeting in Cafeteria (5:30pm)
Thursday, February 17 - 5th grade Pathways Meeting @ LBMS (5:30pm)
Thursday, February 17 - School Board Meeting @ CO (7:00pm)
Saturday, February 19 - Saturday School (8am-12pm)
Saturday, February 19 - TMSCA Qualifier (7am-1pm)
Monday, February 21 - President's Day - Staff/Student Holiday
Tuesday, February 22 - 5th grade Pathways Meeting @ LCMS (5:30pm)
Friday, February 25 - iPod, Hat and Holey Jean Day - $1 each item
Please take the time to fill out this form as we have so many awesome teachers.
Click her to view teacher's webpages. You can find school supplies list and other information.
Dress Code Policy
How to contact us.
Question about absences, please contact
806-863-7104 ext. 4014