The poster by Jacob Harris
Why is there cyberbullying and how can people help stop it?
Definition of CYBERBULLYING
: the electronic posting of mean-spirited messages about a person (as a student) often done anonymously
- 95% of teens who are on social media have witnessed cyberbullying have seen others ignore the tormenting behavior.
- 66% have seen others join in on the bullying.
- Only 7% of parents are worried about cyberbullying-even though about 33% of teens are cyberbullied.
- Think before you post/text. Could this embarrass you or another person? (Remember: don't post anything you wouldn't want your grandmother seeing)
- If you are being bullied, please go to a trusted parent or adult who will try to help you.
- If you see someone getting bullied, defend that person. You might be embarrassed but you will have done the right thing.