By: Madison Harner
- This is the strong emotional connection.
- Early attachment behaviors are shown by infants.
- Attachment begins early in life.
- Separation anxiety is another behavior infants show.
- This is when a child protests person leaving.
Birth To Age 2
Changes Over Time
From birth to age 2 you will see many changes
- Birth to 3 months; no refined emotions they show general excitement and distress
- Excitement: smiling, alert, or wiggling; distress: crying
- 3 to 6 months; children start to respond with smile and laughter
- Early in this stage tears begin to appear
- 6 to 12 months; become active and develop fear
- Will attach to parent and cry
- 12 to 24 months; separation anxiety
- At this stage children start to explore surroundings