It's hard to believe that we are in the Fall of the year. The students have acclimated to their new classrooms and procedures that we have in place at Forsyth Elementary School. It is a joy to go into classrooms and see the students actively engaged in classroom learning. In terms of academics, it signifies the end of the first quarter on October 19th. There are many opportunities for parents and teachers to gather around in discussions about academics and progress. Below are a couple ways you can be connected to what is going on academically.
- The first way to get connected for student success is through the Infinite Campus parent portal. On the portal, parents can see grades, attendance, fees, etc. Message alerts will be sent out through Infinite Campus too. Please provide an updated email address in order to receive messages from the school district.
- Another way to stay connected is through email/phone calls to your child's teacher. This makes for a good foundation for academic growth.
- Get connected through your child's teacher's communication system (Class Dojo) or whatever your child's teacher utilizes for parent communication.
If you have any questions about how to access your student's grades and information through the parent portal, please call the elementary office at 417-546-6381. We will be happy to assist you!
Parent Teacher Conferences
Red Ribbon Week
News from the Nurse's Office
Office hours are 7:30-3:30
Office phone number is 417-546-2735
Nurses: Dusty Coffelt, RN and Andrea Avis, LPN
*Medications (prescription and over-the-counter) cannot be transported on the school bus. A parent or legal guardian must bring the medication to the nurse and sign our form. Medications like Tylenol or Ibuprofen can be left for use throughout one school year. Medication cannot be expired, and it must be in the original container (no zip lock baggies). We dispense medication according to the manufacturer’s label unless you have an order from your doctor stating otherwise.
*Please keep your child home if he/she is not feeling well. If found to have a temperature above 100 degrees, and/or illness causing vomiting or diarrhea the student will promptly be sent home. All other illnesses and injuries will be sent to the nurse’s office for evaluation.
*Students may be allowed back at school with one of the following: symptom free for 24 hours or a doctor’s note to return to school. Fever must be less than 100 degrees (without the use of fever reducing medication) for at least 24 hours before returning to school.
*Please make sure to keep your current phone number updated in the office. It is important that we are able to reach someone if your child becomes ill or injured while at school.
*We do our best to call parents when appropriate for injuries/illness that occur at school. We do not call for injuries or illnesses that are minor or that resolve while at school.
*Students sent home with head lice cannot ride the bus to school the next day. They will need to be checked by the nurse before returning to class.
Jordan Valley Dental Bus
Thank you PPA & Kramer's Pharmacy
We need Your Help
Math fact fluency is the ability to quickly recall addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division math facts through conceptual learning, fact strategies, and memorization. The four key components to determine mastery are 1) flexibility, 2) appropriate strategy use, 3) efficiency, and 4) accuracy.
When students achieve automaticity of their facts, a common benchmark is that they can recall them in two seconds or less (30 problems in 60 seconds). This skill is essential for students to master and tremendously impacts their future in mathematics. However, it is important to note that students naturally progress at their own rate.
Please practice math facts daily with your child. It being one of the biggest indicators of a child’s future success in mathematics.
- October 10th-13th - Homecoming Spirit Week
- October 23 - Parent Teacher Conferences (8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.)
- October 26 - Parent Teacher Conferences (3:45 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.)
- October 24th-27th - Red Ribbon Week
- October 31 - Fall Parties
- November 22 - 27th - Thanksgiving Break
- December 14 - 3rd & 4th grade Christmas Music Program and Art Exhibit
- December 21-January 2 - Christmas Break
- May 21 - Kindergarten Celebration