Eve Bodnar C2
10 Facts about Brain Cancer
1)When brain cells rapidly grow or are out of control tumors can be formed. Tumors affect how certain parts of your body function.
2) Tumors are categorized by their Location, type of cell and how quickly it grows. Low grid- tumors are slow growing. High grid- rapidly growing. Can invade nearby tissue or spread throughout the body, High grid tumors usually have a poorer outlook.
3) Localized tumors stays in one area. If it is in a easy spot to get to in the brain then it is easy to remove. Invasive tumors spreads to nearby places and are very hard or impossible to remove.
4) Primary Tumors start in the brain.Yet secondary tumors made up of cells that move to the brain.
5) Symptoms are vomiting, seizures, weakness of the face, trunk, arms, or legs, slurred speech, difficulty standing or walking, poor coordination, headache, in babies, a rapidly enlarging head
6) The treatments are surgery, radiation therapy and chemotherapy. sometimes all apply
7) Yes it can be cured. Some tumors that are hard to get to and that spread fast can be very hard or impossible to remove.
8) The older you are the less of the rate of survival. Many in their 20s-30s have a higher survival rate.
9) 22,850 adults are expected to be diagnosed with cancer this year. 15,320 are expected to die this year
10) 4,300 children will be diagnosed with cancer this year.
5 Things to do to maintain or improve your health
1) Regularly visiting your doctor can help monitor your cancer
2) Eating healthy can help you handle symptoms well and rapidly recover.
3) Exercise can help strength to fight against the cancer.
4) Avoid smoking and drinking because this can harm the brain
5) Physical therapy can help keep up your physical activity by improve the body parts affected from the cancer
" brain Tumors: An Introduction." Brain Tumor Overview, Types of Brain Tumors, Brain Tumor Treatments. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 June 2015.
"Brain Tumors." KidsHealth - the Web's Most Visited Site about Children's Health. Ed. Joseph. The Nemours Foundation, 01 Nov. 2014. Web. 12 June 2015