GCS Virtual Public School Updates
GCSVPS Guiding Principles
- Communicate with Students, Parents, ELAs, and the Coordinator
- Set and Achieve Goals
- Work with Stakeholders, Schools and Families
- Ensure Program and Self Accountability
Spring 2015 Course Calendar Updates
The wintry weather this year has decimated our face to face classroom calendars but our virtual calendar has not changed. Since Spring Break has been taken away by the snow days earlier this year, assignments and assessments can be given during those days.
Please take note of the following dates for our GCSVPS courses:
- May 8th: Early Calendar Spring Courses End
- May 22nd: Traditional Calendar Spring Courses End
Students will be able to login to their classes through the end of the semester. If you want student work to stop being submitted on May 22nd, please be sure to communicate with your students.
GCSVPS Teacher of the Month
This month our spotlight is on Andrea Cooper. Andrea has been a part of GCSVPS since June of 2012. She currently teaches our Entrepreneurship I course. She has always done an outstanding job communicating and relating to her students as well as preparing her students for state exams.
Join me in congratulating Andrea Cooper, our April 2015 Teacher of the Month!
The Other Side of the Screen
How could you change your classes to improve a student's interactions with the course materials? Share your ideas here.
April Teacher Responsiveness
Our goal, as always, is to have 100% teacher responsiveness. We will be monitoring this through the performance indicators on the instructor dashboards.
Responsiveness measures how quickly a teacher is returning grades to students (for all gradable activities or exams):
- All gradable items have been returned to students within 2 days or less.
- At least one item has been waiting for 3 or more days to be graded.
- At least one item has been waiting for 6 or more days to be graded.
The Journey Is Endless with Digital Teaching and Learning
Click here for their LiveBinder full of wonderful resources you may be able to use in your class!
Instructional Technology and Innovation
Be sure to check out all Instruction Technology has to offer: http://www.gcsnc.com/pages/gcsnc/Departments/Virtual_Learning