LPS Elementary Weekly Newsletter
March 31, 2023
Drop Off Reminders
- Your students can open their own doors. Once the car comes to a stop please have your child exit the vehicle and walk in the safety zone (sidewalk or inside the blue cones) This will keep traffic moving.
- Our staff is out there for safety and assistance. It isn't possible to open and close all doors.
- Please do not let your child exit the car before you make the turn at the playground.
- There is no parking and walking into the building in the morning
- Door close at 7:53, students are tardy at 7:55.
Leader in Me Parent Survey
We would love for you to complete our parent survey for Leader in Me. The link will be available until April 14th. Thank you for taking the time to help make us better.
Elementary Book Fair Volunteers
The Scholastic Book Fair has arrived at the Elementary campus! PTO is looking for volunteers to help set up, work the register, re-stock shelves/clean-up space as needed and break down book fair. Parents are invited to shop during "Lunch With Loved Ones" on April 4th-6th, 11am-12pm. We appreciate our volunteers so very much!
Lunch With A Loved One
- Lunch With a Loved One: This is a chance for parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles, etc. to come have lunch with the elementary student(s) as well as shop the Scholastic Book Fair which closes on Thursday the 6th. To help prevent overcrowding, we have divided up our families alphabetically. (If you ordered hot lunch for your child, it will still be available; otherwise you might want to cancel your order in advance.) Elementary students only. Secondary students will not be called.
- Times will be from 11am-12:00pm each day. Please plan on coming as close to 11am as possible so you have time to eat and shop. You don’t have to wait for their regular lunchtime so you can have all your children at once. Please pre-register so we know who will be attending. Lines will be longer if you don't pre-register.
- Tuesday, 4/4 – for families with last names A-I (pre-register)
- Wednesday, 4/5 – for families with last names J-R (pre-register)
- Thursday, 4/6 – for families with last names S-Z (pre-register)
- We hope the weather cooperates so you can picnic or tailgate outside. We will have some tables and chairs available under the porte cochere as well but not enough for everyone. If the weather doesn’t cooperate, we will move the fun indoors to the Power Plant and the Student Auditorium.
Field Day is Coming
The official date is Friday, April 28th if the weather is bad, our rain out day is May 19th.
2nd, 3rd & 4th grade time is 9:00-11:30
Kinder & 1st grade time is 12:15-1:45
IMPORTANT THINGS FOR YOUR CHILD TO BRING FOR FIELD DAY
· WEAR CLASS shirt with comfortable appropriate shorts (can wear a swimsuit under his/her clothes if desired since they will be getting wet)
- · Bring towel, dry change of clothes (undergarments, uniform, socks, shoes) and plastic sack for wet clothes
- · Water bottle with name clearly on it
- · Sunscreen if desired and your child can apply it on his/herself
- · Contact your child’s teacher if you would like to volunteer to help on this day
Friday Enrichment Program- Fall 2023
Hello I am Kelly Skinner at Student Enrichment Services, and my team is working on determining how we can academically support our students this fall on Fridays and still give them a “break” day that is not daycare. The goal is to encourage a love of learning and a growth mindset among our students, while having fun doing all the things we enjoy, like science experiments, creating art, writing our own books, learning a new sport like Cricket, and whatever draws and keeps the interest of our students.
Registration for Enrichment Friday this fall is now open, and it will be on a 1st come basis. Click on the link here to get your registration started.
The Friday fee will be $30 for a regular (7:30 - 3:30) day, and $35 for an extended (7:30 - 6:00) day. On the recent questionnaire about who needed help on Friday there were about 280 students with interest. We will need to get students registered this March and April so we can determine how many team members to hire. Once the program needs and staffing are determined, you will pay a deposit to hold your spot, probably the beginning of May. This $60 deposit can be applied to your 1st month of Enrichment Fridays. More information is available on the website. We will provide a sibling preference, so please make sure you register each student you would like to attend on Fridays. If you have any questions please send an email to email@example.com. I hope this has been helpful for you. Thank you so much, looking forward to hearing from you, and seeing your students in the fall! Have a great day!
1st Grade Concert
CALLING ALL 1ST GRADE FAMILIES!
Our 1st graders are presenting their concert- HERE WE GO! A Transportation Celebration
on Thursday, April 13th at 6:30PM in the Elementary Student Auditorium. Doors open at 6:00.
More Information to Come:
No School April 7
Bad Weather Make Up Day- Must come to school Monday April 10
In and Out Burger April 12
Progress Reports Go Home April 26
Teacher Appreciation Week May 1- May 5