Just a few reminders for our final week of school in 2020.
Happy Holidays to our PV Families!
Remote Learning Attendance
- We recognize the difficulties that remote learning has created at home, and we empathize with the struggles that the COVID-19 pandemic continues to cause. Please know that we are focused on progressing student learning during this time to the greatest extent possible and want our students to be prepared to return to blended learning. Therefore, it is paramount for students to keep up with their learning expectations each day. If you are experiencing challenges, we want to support you in any way that we can. If you are having internet/technology issues, please call the school, email your student(s) teacher, or email Mrs. Huhn. Please reach out for help whenever necessary!
- It is important to note that attending a zoom during the school day does not qualify as your student(s) attendance for that day. Similarly, completing the attendance form each day is a requirement, but doing so is not the only requirement for a student to earn attendance. Completion of Seesaw/Google Classroom activities is a requirement for a student to earn attendance. Ideally, attending virtual meetings, coupled with completing work on your student's digital platform, will earn attendance. Our staff is working diligently to create scheduled Zoom meetings based on students' specific needs/groups. We understand that the virtual meetings are a challenge at times; however, when possible, please prioritize these meetings in addition to the required daily activities.
- If assigned by your student's teacher, be sure to drop by Prairie View to return If your student's completed pencil/paper work.
Remote Learning Attendance Expectations:
Attendance during our adaptive pause will be monitored closely. Students will be required to fulfill a daily attendance form within the times provided by each building (for example 7:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.). For students in Kindergarten through second grade, this requirement will be completed through a Seesaw activity. Students in grades three through twelve will fulfill their attendance requirements through Google Classroom. Per the Illinois State Board of Education, there is a minimum of a five hour day required for remote learning. This includes: student work time, viewing pre-recorded lessons, web-based and non-web-based skill practice, etc. Students will be expected to complete daily work and turn in assignments as they are assigned. If your student is not able to participate in learning due to illness or a family circumstance, this must be communicated to our secretaries in a timely manner. They can be reached at 815-786-8811, or you can email Mrs. Huhn at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we do not hear from you and work is not completed, then your student will be marked as an unexcused absence. Unless already being monitored for truancy, each school year students receive 7 unexcused absences as cited in our student handbook. Simply completing the attendance link does not count as attendance.
Remote Learning Materials Pickup
- The next Friday that school materials will be available for pickup will be Friday, January 1st, 2021. Tubs of materials will not be left out during our winter break.
- The final Friday for materials pickup will be January 8th, 2021.
- Your student(s) teacher will communicate when materials are needing to be picked up and returned.
Parent School Improvement Survey
***We are shooting for 100% participation in taking this survey! Your input is valuable to us!***
Dear Parents and Guardians,
In order to continue our school improvement initiative, we need your help! Each year we send a survey to parents and guardians asking for input. Please take the time to fill out a survey. The link for the survey is below. In advance, thank you for your help.
Click Here to access the parent survey link!
Remote Winter Sing-a-long. Enjoy!
Remote Learning Book Check-out
Remote Book Requests is like having "Library Day" every day.
- New requests can be placed Monday through Thursday until 12:00pm for Friday pickup.
- Library books are in a separate bin outside by the teacher bins.
- Friday pickup is from 8:00am until 4:00pm.
- Please note library books will not be outside over the weekend.
- If you are unable to pick up on a Friday, the library bins will be back outside Mon-Thursday's from 8:00am-3:00pm
To Login to PV's Library Destiny Discover click on the link below:
The link below is a user document I put together. I gave shared access using the link.
Starting the week of January 18th, we will return to ordering food using the same process that was in place prior to the adaptive pause.
Click Here to access the meal order form