What's Happening at Sparkman HS/S9
January 18-23, 2016
Monday, January 18
- SHS Girls Varsity Basketball at MLK Classic
- SHS Wrestling at Dick Clem Tournament at Bob Jones
- Sparkman Bowling vs Randolph at Pin Palace 4:30 PM
- Sparkman Track in competition today
Tuesday, January 19
- SHS First Priority
- Sparkman History Club- 3:30PM Room 127
- SHS Basketball vs Gadsden City
- Today is deadline for ACT Prep for February exam. ACT Workshop is $85. See Mrs. Johnston in room 132.
Wednesday, January 20
- College Summit- 4-6:30 PM in Gym 2- More Info Coming!
- Crusaders for Cancer Awareness- 3:30 PM
Thursday, January 21
- Sparkman Bowling- Regionals in Tuscaloosa
- Sparkman Outdoor Track Meeting- SHS Cafeteria 6 PM. For more information see Coach Austin in portable 2.
Friday, January 22
- Sparkman Bowling- Regionals in Tuscaloosa
- Sparkman Basketball at Bob Jones
- SHS SGA Meeting- 8 AM or 3:30 PM
- Outdoor Track Meeting- 6 PM SHS Cafeteria
- ** NOTE: Yearbooks will be on sale online through Monday, Jan. 25. They can also be purchased at school through Monday in Mrs. Coggins' room 127
Saturday, January 23
- SHS Wrestling (V) at Thompson Invitational
- SHS Wrestling (MS/JV) at Bo Jones Invitational
- SHS Basketball vs McAdory at Wallace State
- AP Science Prep Session
- January 25- Writers Club Meeting
- January 26- SHS First Priority Meeting
- January 26- SHS Basketball vs Johnson
- January 26- If you are interested in joining the newly formed Biology Club, please meet at Sparkman 9 in the auditorium on Tuesday, January 26 from 3:45 - 4:30
- January 27- Crusaders for Cancer Awareness Meeting
- January 28- SHS Basketball vs Jeff Davis
- January 29/30- Bowling State
- January 29- Club Photo Day
- January 29/30- All State Band Auditions
- January 30- SHS Wrestling Sparkman Invitational
SHS Yearbook Update:
Yearbooks will be on sale online through Monday, Jan. 25. They can also be purchased at school through Monday in Mrs. Coggins' room 127
or order at myschoolfees.com link from the SHS website.
If you purchased a senior ad and have not given the materials to Mrs. Coggins,
then the deadline to do so is January15.
Help support the continuing growth of the largest high school photography program in Alabama!
The Sparkman photography program wants to shoot YOUR Valentines images at Creekwood Park on January 23rd from 12 pm to 4 pm. Sessions are 15 minutes long and couples receive 8-10 images on a cd!
Student couples - $50
Adult couples - $75
Book your spot by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Sparkman Journalism Programs!
- February 1- Takedown Club Meeting
- February 2- SHS First Priority
- February 2- SHS Basketball at Columbia
- February 2- Quarterback Club Meeting
- February 3- JROTC Awards
- February 4- SHS Basketball vs Huntsville
- February 4- Outdoor Track Booster Meeting
- February 6- ACT
- February 6- Wrestling TN Valley Duals Varsity
- February 9- SHS First Priority
- February 9- JROTC Booster Meeting
- February 10- Girls Basketball Area Tournament
- February 11- Boys Basketball Area Tournament
- February 12- Half Day- Staff Professional Development
- February 12- SHS Wrestling Sectionals
- February 12- Girls Basketball Area Tournament
- February 13- SHS Wrestling Sectionals
- February 13- Boys Basketball Area Tournament
- February 16- SHS First Priority
- February 18- Wrestling State
- February 19- Basketball Regionals
- February 19- Wrestling State
- February 20- Wrestling State
- February 23- Basketball Regionals
- February 29- Varsity and JV Cheer Tryouts
ACT and SAT Information
HS students interested in business and entrepreneurship should check out this opportunity!
Do you have what it takes? Fantastic opportunity for our innovative and entrepreneurial high school students Check it: http://www.generatorhsv.org/application
- Sparkman's Boys and Girls Bowling teams will travel to Tuscaloosa Thursday morning(Jan21) for the 2 day regional tournament at Leland Lanes. Way to go Senators!!!!
- There will be an informational meeting on February 4 at 6:00 pm in the auditorium at Sparkman 9 to discuss tryouts for the 2016-2017 bowling teams.
Spring Bowling League at Pin Palace Lanes
The spring bowling league geared toward high school bowlers will begin Tuesday, February 9 at 6pm at Pin Palace Lanes. The league is open to all high school age bowlers (ages 12-19). The league will last for 10 weeks and the bowlers will have 2 cost options. For $13 per week, bowlers will receive a performance ball (custom drilling included) at the end of the league. Or bowlers can choose the basic option at $8 per week. Flyers are available at Pin Palace Lanes. If you have any questions, you can contact the league coordinator Rebecca Fowler at 256-653-1790.
Sparkman Winter Guard
Booster and JROTC Events
- February 27, 2015 - Military Ball - VBC
- April 30, 2016 - SHS JROTC Hosts Drill Competition
Special Teams (Color Guard/Drill/Raider/Rifle) and all JROTC Cadets
- January 23, 2016: State Drill Competition, Montgomery, AL (Note Date Change)
- April 2, 2016: Army Nationals - Drill Team, Kentucky
- April 14-17: Rifle Team, Camp Perry, OH
Dates of Upcoming Booster Club Meetings
- Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 6:30 PM
- Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 6:30 PM
For more information, go to www.sparkmanjrotc.org
SHS Key Club
Sparkman Biology Club
Crusaders for Cancer Awareness
SHS History Club
PTO Leaders Wanted!
- Meet teachers, admins, students, and other parents. Get to know our Sparkman Family!
- Help plan PTO events at SHS and S9 such as receptions, lunches, meetings, etc.
- Help build communication and Sparkman Spirit in the schools and community.
- Learn about the daily workings of SHS, S9, and the Madison Co School System.
- Support our students and teachers.
2015-16 Past Issues of the SHS/S9 Newsletter
January 18-23, 2016- Current IssueAugust 3-8, 2015 Issue