A Weekly Communication Tool for Rice Elementary Staff
- Ensuring ALL students are in attendance.
- Cultivating a climate that welcomes students and parents.
- Creating opportunities for students to use and increase critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Moving from Parent Involvement to Parent Engagement.
Staff Shout Outs
Our Art, Music and PE teachers are the best!!! They put together a wonderful day for Go Texan!!!
The Honor Choir and Mrs. Stevens practiced hard and had an amazing performance at the Feeder Concert!!!
Mr. Harness and Mrs Caldwell deserve a shout out for doing an great job ant keeping all the testing running smoothly!!!! It is a crazy time of year!!!
Week at a Glance: February 26th-March 2nd
Specials A Week
2nd Grade PLC
8:05-Pennies for Patients Kick-Off Pep Rally
8:30-2nd Grade TELPAS Listening and Speaking
12:00-3rd Grade TELPAS Listening and Speaking
4th Grade PLC
8:00 2nd Grade TELPAS Reading
12:00-3rd Grade TELPAS Reading
3-5 Science Leadership Team Meeting
8:00 4th Grade TELPAS Listening and Speaking
12:00 4thGrade TELPAS Reading
RACCOON TRACKS is cancelled...Calibration is complete;)
3rd Grade PLC
*Kinder and 4th Grade Specials switch
4th Grade Reading BM
1-2 Math Leadership Team
1st Grade PLC
*Kinder and 3rd Grade Specials switch
Rice Birthday Book Club-March
3rd Grade Reading BM
Dr. Suess Birthday
Refill Station is here for lunch
Math Review Quiz
2:00-Rice Way Pep Rally
Notes from Malinda
It is not permissible to use district email (originate email or forward and emails) or mailboxes to disseminate election materials. During work hours you are not permitted to lobby for any election candidates.
With the recent events that occurred in Florida, many of you have lots of scenarios on your mind. Below is a short video that highlights a simple tool to seek out the students who might not have the emotional connections to others within your class.
CISD has Safety and Security at the forefront of their decisions. In the last 15 years, CISD has invested over 150 million into safety and security of our campuses. We have a dedicated police force that is amazing.
- Your door must remain locked at all times. Use your magnet to place over the door latch.
- Any person requesting access to the building must go through the front office and receive a badge. No exceptions!!!
- Emergency Lists must be updated regularly. In your Emergency binder, please have current contact information for your students.