November 16, 2017
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Here are a few reminders for the week:
• The BackPack Food Program provides elementary students with a breakfast, lunch, and snack for every day they are out of school during the school year. The food bags are delivered to the school Thursday mornings. On Friday, the teacher will discreetly place the food pack directly into the students personal backpack or locker. The student will have the food pack with them when they leave school to help with weekend hunger relief and school breaks. The BackPack Food Program is open enrollment with no requirements for the program. Students may enroll/un-enroll at anytime throughout the year. If you feel like your family is in need of this program, please contact Sarah Heuer in the Roosevelt Office.
• As a reminder, the Roosevelt Student Council collects Milk Caps, Hy-Vee Receipts, and Box Tops for Education. As you collect them, just have your child bring them to the Roosevelt Office. Thank you, as these support the Student Council here at Roosevelt.
• Order Roosevelt Apparel: The PTO is again offering online ordering of Roosevelt clothing. The store is now OPEN and it will CLOSE on November 26. Orders will arrive before winter break. Use this link to order and enter the code: RSVLT17
• The next Coffee with the Principal is scheduled for this Friday, November 17. Come to Cub Foods West between 7:30 and 8:30 to just talk and be! Hope to see you there!
• Stuff-A-Truck will start Monday, November 6 and end Friday, November 17. Please send food items to school with your child and help support our local food shelf!
As always, thank you for supporting our work!
November Celebration Speaker
Roosevelt students were so lucky to have Officer Mohamed as this month's celebration speaker. He spoke about the importance of LISTENING--to parents, teachers, and other adults. Thank you Officer Mohamed!
Coach for the Morning
Congrats to Ari who is November's winner for Coach of the Morning. She turned in her Reading Calendar and her name was drawn to be a coach with Mr. B. sometime this month. Keep on reading, Raccoons!
First Grade Wins Extra Recess
Yahoo for Taylor, who won this month's extra recess for all of 1st grade! Way to go, Taylor! Keep on reading, Raccoons!