Changes in Our Office
We are so excited to announce that we have added 2 new members to our team. Anne Carlson and Leticia Flores joined our team in January and they are up and running. We have added them to the regions document and they have started connecting with families.
H.E.L.P Center Staff
McKinney Vento 101
What is McKinney-Vento?
The McKinney-Vento Act’s Education of Homeless Children and Youth Program, ensures that homeless children and youth are provided a free, appropriate public education, despite lack of a fixed place of residence or a supervising parent or guardian.
How do you determine who is eligible?
First we need your help connecting with families. You have a relationship with families at your school and we depend on you to refer families to us. When you find out that a student and their family is experiencing homelessness you can refer then in Synergy to us. Below is a flow chart of how we evaluate if they family is eligible.
You are always able to give us a call or email us if you have any questions. We love connecting with you!
Up Coming Events
COVID Vaccine Clinic
- Get your FREE 1st, 2nd, booster, & pediatric shot of the Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, or Moderna COVID vaccine from Project Access Now and a FREE food box (when available).
- For ages 5 years old and older.
- Registration required.
- Visit: https://www.projectaccessnow.org/outreach-enrollment-and-access/ or call 503-345-7031.
Monday - Friday 12:00 (noon) - 7:00 pm
Free COVID Testing
- FREE COVID testing.
- Appointments required, no insurance necessary.
- Drive-through or walk-up.
- PCR testing with results in 48 hours.
- Sign up through Curative at: https://book.curative.com/sites/33993
- Other testing sites: https://www.co.washington.or.us/HHS/CommunicableDiseases/COVID-19/testing-sites.cfm
1st & 2nd Friday's of the Month
- Medical Teams International Dental Van - first Friday of the month from 9 am-1 pm. Appointment recommended, but drop-ins accepted if space.
- OHSU/Tuality Healthcare Mammography Van - second Friday of the month from 9 am-12 pm. Appointment required, Must be 35 years of age or older, have a primary care physician, health insurance, and not had a mammogram within the past year.
- To schedule, call BRC through Care to Share at 503-591-9025.
If you know of any other resources that you would like us to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.