By Ethan Dunn and Maria Kuiper
Question & Hypothesis
We each came up with different hypothesis.
Ethan: The soap will react the same with each stain
Maria: The soap will react differently with each stain.
1) Weigh out 1.2 grams of stain material
2) Rub stain onto cloth sheet for 15 seconds
3) Set timer for 5 minutes and let the stain set in, record information
4) Measure out 200 ml of cold water
5) Put cloth in, shake with a piston (up and down) motion for 30 seconds
6) Dump out water, record information, refill with 200 ml of cold water
7) Measure out 5ml of Wisk detergent
8) Put into water, put cloth in
9) Shake with piston motion for 1 minute
10) Empty out jar, record information, refill with 200ml of cold water
11) Put cloth back in, shake with piston motion for 30 seconds.
12) Dump out water
13) Hang cloth up to dry
14) Record final information
15) Repeat for other stains
3) Purple Food Coloring
6) Chocolate Syrup
Below are our results for all of the tests.
We found that most stains were able to come out most of the way, however, purple food coloring did not.