Knights in the Know
August 16, 2019
What a Great Week!
Students in every class have created respect agreements with their classmates and teacher. Conversations that led to the respect agreements include how students want to be treated by their peers and teacher, how the teacher would like to be treated by students, and how we respect our school. Please ask your child about the agreement they reached with their class.
Each week the Knights in the Know newsletter will go home via email. If you miss an issue, we also post them on our school website and we attach a link on our Facebook page. We are hoping that you will celebrate with us the wonderful things that are happening on campus.
We have a Parent Handbook page that should be able to answer a lot of questions about Blanton. The handbook includes our dress code, information about birthday snacks, class parties, and much more. Please take a moment to review the handbook.
We look forward to a great year!
We recognize the value of parent input and open dialogue with our student's parents. Our focus in each of our Parent Connection meetings is to better communicate our vision and action of supporting and growing your child while they are with us as a Blanton Knight. We invite you to be a part of our conversation and build our bridge of communication from school to home.
Please visit our Parent Connection site to learn about the topics and dates for our first semester. We are hopeful that as many as possible will attend.
Arrival and Dismissal
- Front doors open at 7:15 for students who arrive early. At this time, students go to the gym to wait until time to walk to class.
- Students who eat breakfast at Blanton will go to the cafeteria.
- In a few weeks, we will have additional options for students who arrive between 7:15 and 7:30. Please be watching for that information in this newsletter.
- At 7:30, the bell rings for students to walk to class.
- Parents may walk their children to class at 7:30 through August 23rd. After that date, parents will need to check into the office and obtain a visitor's badge prior to walking their children to class.
- All parents are encouraged to use the drop-off line in the front of the school. Parents who pull into the parking lot will be asked to walk their child across the cross-walk to the front of the school.
- Situations may arise causing a parent to change the dismissal procedure for their child on a particular day. When that occurs we ask that you either send a note with your child in the morning or call the office with the change. All ride changes need to occur prior to 2:30 p.m. The office will notify the teacher of the change at the end of the day.
- Car Pick Up Line ~ We will load your child on the right side of the car (nearest the school). If your child is unable to buckle themselves up, please pull forward past the area that teachers are standing and pull over to the right side of the drive. You may then help your child buckle themselves up. This will help our line to continue moving and get our dismissal completed prior to Harpool Middle School releasing their students.
Thank you again for a smooth beginning helping to ensure the safety of our students.
World Wear Project
Blanton PTA News
Visit blantonpta.org to get the year started out right!
1) Update your child’s grade and teacher the first time you sign in this school year. (That way we know where to deliver things like spirit wear and tickets throughout the year.)
2) Join the PTA! The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help our school. By joining PTA you also get access to the PTA Facebook group where you get lots of great information and timely news about what’s happening at Blanton!
3) Buy your Spirit Wear! T-shirts and hats for parents and students are on sale through August 30.
4) Complete your Volunteer Application! (Click through to the Denton ISD website) This is required if you want to volunteer in the school and gets you fast pass access for class parties and other school wide events.
Mark your calendars!
Grandparent’s Day Breakfast is coming Thursday, September 12th at 7AM in the Blanton Cafeteria. Be on the lookout for more details and RSVP on the PTA website soon!
Spirit Wear Fridays at Blanton
Blanton spirit wear can still be ordered from PTA until August 30th.
Child Nutrition ~ August Lunch Menu
Mark Your Calendars
Sept. 2 ~ Labor Day Holiday
Sept. 9-13 ~ Fall Book Fair
Sept. 9 ~ Parent Connection 8:00 a.m. ~ "Standards Based Grading"
Sept. 12 ~ Grandparents' Breakfast from PTA 7:00 a.m. in Cafeteria
Sept. 12 ~ "A Day in the Life of a Knight" in classrooms 6:00-7:10 p.m.
Sept. 18 ~ "Dress Like a Pirate" Day
Sept. 18 ~ Pirate Musical
Sept. 19 ~ PTA Meeting and Watch DOG Pizza Night 6:00 p.m. in Cafeteria
Sept. 23 ~ Parent Connection 8:00 a.m. ~ "Student Led Conferences"
Oct. 9 ~ Fall Pictures
Oct. 11 ~ Student Led Conferences
Oct. 11 ~ Report Cards available in Home Access Center