ST. CROIX CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
January 2, 2019
HAPPY NEW YEAR
STUDENTS FIRST - PROFESSIONALISM - FAMILY
Top 10 by 2020
- Academic Achievement
- Student Climate
- Adult Culture
Together we can achieve anything.
Shoutouts & Celebrations
thank you for your outstanding effort, kindness, excellence, and selflessness.
- Sean Conway: Great Winter Concert!
- Math & Science Wing Staffers: It's really wonderful how homey the staff bathroom feels in the science/math wing. The abundance of purple tampons really brighten up the room and are super useful if you ever happen to get a nosebleed in the dryness of winter. Also, the staff photo collage is a very nice touch. Nothing says "I love my coworkers" more than having 50+ of them smiling at you while you're on the toilet! Awesome work everyone! Hope everyone has/had a nice break.
- Jeff Fern, Tracy Klein, & Steph Posta: For their preparation of the "Heat Map" activity was great.
- Lori Cress, Wendy Hoverson, & Vicki Dresang-Talapa: They helped organize and label the student pictures for the heat map.
- Chris Deno: Printing, preparing, and sending out testing results to the parents of every 9th, 10th, and 11th-grade student.
- Jeff Fern, Tracy Klein, & ELA Department: Taking the time to provide every 9th and 10th-grader with their Aspire-Interim results within their ELA class.
- Tracy Klein, Jeff Fern, Jason Koele, & Steph Posta: Investing a ton of time to develop an intervention plan for students based on the Aspire-Interim and PreACT results. There are many factors to consider and they have done a great job of balancing those factors to move us toward a realistic and appropriate plan.
- Jen Staidl: Thanks for being a great mentor.
- Staff: Thanks for a great potluck on Thursday!
- Seniorita (2 recognitions): for serenading us with "Feliz Navidad". For spreading Christmas cheer throughout the whole today. The students and staff thoroughly enjoyed it!
- Bill Emery and Gretchen Rozeboom: FFA Fruit Sale spectacular
- Kurt Soderberg & Jason Koele: Thanks for covering lunch duties for new teachers this week to catch their breath!
- Pam Stave: She makes some bomb banana bread that melts in the ol mouth. Such a sweet lady!
- Tom Sauve: Great job organizing the Break B4 Break
- Chris Deno, Steph Posta, Tracy Klein, & Jeff Fern: Awesome job judging the Chopped competition and breaking the news to the teams who were chopped from the competition.
- Jordee Reimer, John Tackmann, Garret Wenzel, & Jason Koele: Participated in (and WON) the Chopped competition while making it a fun event for our students to see the staff in a different setting.
- The Math Department, John Tackmann, Mitch Klimek, Emily Timmers, & Cami Stansbury: Selflessly provided professional development for all of us on how they are implementing SBA&R. Great job!!
- K-12 Groups, CTE, & Counselors: Very meaningful work around alignment and programming.
- Nic Been: For his leadership in developing a meaningful PD experience.
You all ROCK!
As We Begin Again...
Remember what Plato said...
The beginning is the most important part of the work.
Transitioning from a long break can be a challenge. Let's focus on the joy of reconnecting with students and colleagues and begin our important work again.
Schedule for the Week
Morning Greeters This Week: Administration & Counselors
Wednesday, January 2
7:35 am - 8: 05 am - PLC Meetings
WIN PLC TIME: ELA
Thursday, January 3
7:35 am - 8:00 am - BLT Meeting
WIN PLC TIME: Music, Science, SPED
Friday, January 4
7:30 am - 8:00 am - PBIS Meeting
8:15 am - 10:45 am - HSLT Meeting
7:30 am - 3:30 pm - SCVMEA - Conway & Arnold
WIN PLC TIME: CTE