NCVPS Spanish 3
Update con la Sra. Beverly Aguirre
Week 8, March 19-25
We are in the homestretch of the first part of our semester and are working in week 8! This week we are continuing Unit 4, La Tierra, lessons 4 and 5 which consists of 7 assignments. (8 if a student needs to do the Required Live class this week). Students should have already completed Unit 4, lessons 1, 2 and 3 this past Friday. In addition, students will be doing a Final project for Units 3/4 this week where they combine the two units along with a Final Project quiz (15% of grade). Please encourage your student to start working on this project and contact me if they have questions or need ideas.
NCVPS does not have Spring Break. If your student's school has Spring Break, he or she is still expected to login daily and complete the week's assignments for this class. Students are also encouraged to work ahead. Please speak with your student and make sure that he/she is getting all assignments completed!
Below is a list of this week's assignments:
Tips for Unit 3/4 project due this Friday, March 23
Here are a few general things to make sure students complete the Units 3/4 assignment correctly:
Web 2.0 tool (PowerPoint and Google Docs are not Web 2.0 tools), lots of Grammar and Vocabulary from BOTH units (3 & 4), audio different from your written narrative, Works Cited for pictures (you need pictures as this is a project)
Remember projects count as 15% of your grade!
- organize AHEAD of time. do NOT wait until Friday at 6pm to "sit down and crank this out" it's not "crankable" :)
- consider the project (unlike the final test of the unit) a demonstration of what you have learned and how you can apply it... use the project as a portfolio if you like, to show me growth and creativity
- you must enjoy the topic you choose! if you don't like it or it bores you, you will for sure bore your audience!
- remember citations of any / all imagery that you choose to use!
- embed the audio into your presentation. "slapping" links somewhere or sending them separately via email interrupts the flow of your project and makes it a weak effort.
- tools: Remember that you are learning how to be creative in the digital realm as well and that is part of the rubric! Consider the following: storybird (I LOVE it), prezi, emaze, voicethread, imovie, or others... Google "presentation tools for school" and see what you come up with! Ask me for feedback if you are unsure.
Late Work Policy
Required Live Class for Unit 4
Being a CANVAS observer in our class!
Parents and facilitators will need student login information to set up their parent accounts. This will have to come from the school. NCVPS cannot supply login credentials to parents or facilitators. Check with your school's e-learning advisor (ELA).
The Canvas Parent app is designed to provide visibility into a student's progress at a glance. Canvas Parent allows both parents and facilitators to:
- View assignment descriptions and due dates
- Set reminders for assignments
- View assignment grades
- View course grades
- Set grade alerts
- View course announcements
Here are several helpful links:
Parents and facilitators can also use the Parent Portal online. Directions on how to use the portal are here.