First Grade News
2/16 - 2/19
2/17 - Drama Kids
2/18 - Multicultural Night from 6:00 - 7:30
Spelling Words - We will have a test on Friday
- his *
Optional Challenge Words
Conferences will be the week of February 22nd - 26th, depending on the teacher. A Sign-Up Genius was emailed out. Please don't forget to sign up.
Help with Planners
Please remember to check your child's planner each night. The planners have good reminders on things that are coming up or activities we have done that week. They are helpful in opening up the communication with your child. Also, if there is an issue going on at school, such as behaviors that need to be corrected, your teacher will write a note in the child's planner so parents can discuss better choices with their child. Thank you for helping us out with this.
Language Arts/Social Studies
- I can explain the difference between folklore and fiction.
- I can categorize words by sounds.
- I can visualize a story's characters and events to better understand the plot.
- I can use vocabulary words in a sentence.
- I can blend, build, and spell words with long i spelled igh, y, and ie.
- I can explain Sam Houston's contributions to Texas.
- I can explain how George Washington influenced our country.
- I can understand that numbers greater than 100 can be represented as the sum of hundreds, tens, and ones.
- I understand that numbers greater than 100 can be named in more than one way and have the same value.
- I can use my math skills to solve problems.
- I can begin to understand and communicate the importance of observing objects in the sky.
- I can identify characteristics of day and night.