- This newsletter can be translated into other languages. Click the "translate newsletter" button on the right.
- Este boletín se puede traducir a otros idiomas. Haga clic en el botón "translate newsletter" a la derecha.
- Информационный бюллетень можно перевести на другие языки. Нажмите кнопку «translate newsletter» справа.
- Цей бюлетень можна перекласти іншими мовами. Натисніть кнопку "translate newsletter" праворуч.
- Bản tin này có thể được dịch sang các ngôn ngữ khác. Nhấp vào nút "translate newsletter" ở bên phải.
Updates to Cyber Attack and Distribution/Turn in of work
At CHS we will have asynchronous work on Wednesday, May 12th so students should log in to their Google Classroom on Wednesday. We will begin to have Zoom sessions on Thursday, May 13th with cohort B.
Teachers will communicate with their students who are participating in comprehensive distance learning to let them know if they need to come in and pick up additional materials for this week. We will have materials available for distribution from 8 - 3 on Wednesday, May 12th. Please note that not all classes have materials to pick up. To turn in work, students can take pictures of the work that they have completed and submit it to their Google Classroom. That way the teachers will know who they are receiving the work from. We will accept classwork on distribution day. Please make sure the student's full name and the teacher's full name are on the work that is being submitted.
Graduation - June 10th
In order to make the ceremony meaningful, we have included several students in our graduation planning. We also meet with our senior class on a monthly basis to keep them informed about the upcoming senior events. We missed our meeting on April 29th due to the school closure, but we will meet with them again in May.
Graduation Signs for Seniors and Early Graduates
Congratulations to Speech and Debate
- Camille Barcibal placed 3rd at State in LIELL (Literal Interpretation for English Language Learners).
- Alexander Dimitrov and Elizabeth Dimitrova made it to the finals round with their dual interpretation.
- Their awesome teammates Khup Hau Tuang and Jesse Fonseca competed well too.
Kellie McCarty wins Melba Sparks Henning Award
On Saturday night, April 17th, at the Oregon State Thespians Virtual Conference and Competition, Ms. McCarty was presented with the Melba Day Sparks Henning Award. This is what the award means:
"Each year, Oregon Thespians induct a new member into the Oregon Theatre Educators’ Hall of Fame with the Melba Day Sparks Henning Award.
The MELBA DAY SPARKS HENNING AWARD is given each year as a career achievement award to adults who have extraordinary service with Oregon Thespians or Oregon high school theatre. Troupe Directors are invited to nominate both Thespian and non-Thespian adults who have made exceptional contributions to the growth of theatre and theatre education in Oregon. It is Oregon’s Theatre Educators Hall of Fame. The award is given each year at the conclusion of the State Conference. Honorees are nominated by their peers, other adults familiar with the nominee, or by the nominee’s students and sent to a screening committee made up of past honorees."
Ms. McCarty received some beautiful words from her colleagues, alumni, and current student Beatrice Byrd, for her nomination and eventual win. She is honored to be included with the names of theatre educators before her and shed many tears reading their kind words.
At CHS we are so proud of Ms. McCarty and the theater program. This was a well-deserved award.
School transfers, Interdistrict (transfers between districts), and Intradistrict (school of choice Elementary to Elementary) transfers open on Monday, May 10th, 2021. You can find more in-depth information on the district web page: 2021-22 transfers
Most schools will have space available for students coming in. Any student who applies to schools where the board determined open to transfer will accept the students on a first come first serve basis. The total numbers accepted can be found on the transfer page by school. Butler Creek Elementary, Oliver Elementary, and Centennial Transition Center will NOT be accepting any interdistrict transfers.
Students who move to another district (or another Elementary within the district) over the summer of 2021 can remain at their last attended school through the 2021-22 school year. However, mid-year move students from 2020-21 will have to receive a transfer to remain and will be taken out of Synergy for 2021-22.
Transfer Timeline for 2021-22
- Interdistrict transfer out of the Centennial School District - May 10, 2021, to June 25, 2021
- Interdistrict transfers into the Centennial School District – May 10, 2021, to August 13, 2021
- Intradistrict transfers (Request to transfer elementary schools within the Centennial School District) – May 10, 2021, to August 13, 2021